What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recipes in magazines

R

rt49andellis

Do you guys/gals use recipes from magazines? Which ones? And what if you're in a place like a doctor's office and the magazine doesn't belong to you? Do you rip it out and take it home?

I am COMPLETELY guilty of this. It is terrible, I know. But I usually end up making the meal over and over again, so I rationalize that it wasn't torn out of the mag in vain! :p

Actually, more often than not, I end up getting a subscription to the magazine because I love the recipes so much...Southern Living and that new Martha Stewart Food (everyday food) magazine, in particular.

I do use some from magazines. We get Cooking Light, so I try a few a mont from there. New ripped one out though, but then again never seen one I wanted :p

I'm guilty of pulling out my cell phone and either reading off the ingredients and taping them, taking a picture, or using the notepad to copy down the recipe. Everyone seems to be watching me when I feel the need to rip one out of the magazine. *laughs*

Gonna have to look for some of the magazines you've suggested.

I use recipes from Cooking Light the most. If it's a mag at a dr.'s office i'll ask if i can tear out a page and usually they say 'ok' or if not i can look it up online later. i put magazine recipes in clearl iners in a binder so they don't get ruined when i cook with them and they're more organized that way.

I don't rip them out if they are not mine... I'd feel to guilty.
lol... guilt moves me in great ways.

I get TASTE OF HOME and use it a lot.

I don't rip them out; I just look them up online later and print them. I like to keep my recipes printed in a binder anyway.

I smiled when I read the topic. It's because I always do this. I mean not the ripping part but I always try to check magazines for interesting recipes. I usually use magazines like Good Housekeeping and Architectural Digest<--I'm not sure if this is it.

I do use some recipes from magazines like good housekeeping or family circle sometimes if I think that they look good and that my family will like them.

I also use from magazines. I usually get Sunset, cooking light, and Rachel Rays new magazine. I don't really rip them out from the doctors offices or anything. I have copied them done before.

I get the magazine taste of home and I just love it. My Mom turned me on to it.
I work for a group of orthopaedic surgeons and have patients ask me to copy recipes all the time.

I get a magazine called Sunset and they have great recipes. I would never rip a recipe out of a magazine that does not belong to me. I would write down the magazine name and recipe name and then go online to find the recipe.

Usually, the recipes I find in magazines are to expensive for my taste. I am an overly frugal shopper/cook. I do like to look though, because sometimes I can change the recipe a bit to make it less expensive, or it will give me an idea for something completely different.

I get some out of Self & also Fitness - they're healthy & have all the nutrition info & I'm trying to lose weight. & Ya, I will rip it out if I really want it ;) but only if I know I'll use it.

Back