What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bagel vs. Toast

R

rt49andellis

Which do you prefer and why??

I love bagels with cream cheese. LOVE EM!!! There's just so much more taste to the toppings. Kinda hard to put cream cheese on toast.

I like to use bagels for sandwiches too. Ham/bacon & eggs or roast beef & provalone.

So I would go with a bagel over toast almost anytime.

I like bagels better - they are softer and chewier and come in better flavors - Asiago cheese is the best!

I like bagels better because they are softer, but usually have wheat toast beacuse it has less calories.

Bagels are easier to take camping than regular bread... we go through
a ton of them durning hunting/camping season.

I have to go with toast on this one. Everything goes good with it; sandwiches, dipping in egg or soup, by itself; goes with breakfast, lunch, or dinner meals.

I like bagels too, but sometimes they are just too thick and tough for me.

bagels, definitely. I love using them to make sandwiches, but the traditional cream cheese and lox thing is delish, too.

Well that's odd. My post is gone. What I said was that bagels was a very good idea for camping trips. I'd never thought of that. But it would fill you up more, so.....great idea honeypsweet.

Twinmama, what are lox??

lox is YUMMY! :p

lox is smoked salmon fillet that has been cured and then often cold-smoked. The cold smoking does not cook the fish, resulting in its characteristic smooth texture, similar to the raw product. The English word is derived from the Yiddish lox ("salmon")–which is a cognate of Swedish (lax), Danish/Norwegian (laks), German (Lachs), and Old English (læx). It is often served with bagels and cream cheese. Lox is noted for its importance in Ashkenazic Jewish cuisine.

from wikipedia.org. It's sooo good.

Had a chocolate chip bagel yesterday. Awfully good. Not as melty as a chocolate croissant, but still deeeelish.

I prefer bagels - delicious with cream cheese.

I've never been a fan of toast at all for some reason. Occasionally I'll have an english muffin.

I am watching my calorie intake, so I prefer toast.

2 pieces of whole-grain toast vs a medium bagel
= 200 vs 300 calories!

www.simcooks.com

I love bagels with cream cheese too. Sometimes toast is good, especially if I have some frosting. But I definitely prefer bagels.

I definitely prefer bagels especially everything bagels. I like them with cream cheese or butter. They are great for making ham, egg and cheese sandwiches for breakfast. Toast is alright if it is white bread with honey or toasted rye bread.

Bagel they say are better for you..and I think they are tastier.

Back