What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you have a favorite recipe book?

M

mtmomj

Which one?

I have one from my grandmother, all of her favorite handwritten recipes. There are so many I haven't tried yet. I like the pinches of this and handful of that... no measuring. ;)

Other than the book I put together with all of MY favorite recipes, I love the cookbooks put together by places like senior citizen centers or extension homemakers. They always seem to be recipes that have stood the test of time and are nearly fail-proof.

I have a recipe book from my grandma. I use it often. However, I like to buy the ones from the schools that have about 100 or more recipes. There are some really good recipes in them.

Magazine cookbooks are my favorite recipe books. What I like about magazine cookbooks is that they're by subscription. So every month, I am expecting to see something new to try. Plus, they have great tips there. It keeps me "on the know" when it comes to cooking.

I have a really old Better Homes and Gardens that my mom gave me, and an even older Rumsford cookbook that my grandma gave my mom, who gave it to me. Those are my favorites, though I have more.

I dont have a favourite cookbook. I usually just buy the Super Food Ideas magazine they have here in Australia.

I havent bought as many after finding this forum though. Theres some great recipes here! :D

My mother bought a reader's digest vegetarian cookbook. Although I'm not a vegetarian (and I'll never be) I love the recipes there. My friend even borrowed it because she likes the recipes.

Back