What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That's not what it's called!!

R

rt49andellis

Do you have things in the kitchen (i.e. utensils, foods, ingredients) that someone in the family calls the wrong thing? Whether it be just completely wrong or just can't say it right?

For instance... one day I was talking about a lazy susan. The name TOTALLY blanked out on me and I was in front of about 15 people in the family. And after I thought for about 30 seconds, I called it a "Twirly Betty" *laughing at herself* Well.... since then, about 5 years ago, it is now called a twirly betty in much of the extended family. Always with a little smile and a thought of me.... *laughs*

Ya know the fork you use for turkeys? (probably called turkey fork LOL) We call that a turkey poker.

My 6 year old calls grilled cheese, cheese toast.

Well - let's see......we have a double drink dispenser that is great for picnics, etc. and we call it the "honker" after a friends daughter who always wanted to "honk" the drinks into the glass......and we have a "shahboo" which is a tupperwear pie/cake server which she liked to use to serve the cake......and the rotisserie is known as the "chicken ferris wheel".....and it is 25 years later and we still call them that! And of course - don't forget to shut the fridgerfrator door! Now she has 2 of own - and they were watching "Hansome and Gretel" - a DVD I bought them, while eating hangaburrs (hamburgers) and fry fries (french fries). And since their mother called bananas blanas - we still do..........and don't for get the chalkie (chocolate) milk....

Back