What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny warnings on our food

R

rt49andellis

Each time I see a post by DrPepper I think of my favorite warning label, so thought I'd start a thread about it.

My favorite is on bottles of Dr Pepper & 7-up. And I quote "Warning: Contents under pressure. Cap may blow off, causing eye or other serious injury. Point away from face and people, especially while opening."

LOL - it's amazing what companies have to do to protect themselves from all those zany lawsuits people try to win...........

No joke. Sometimes I think those warnings are trying to reverse natural selection. :p

The funniest/stupidest warning I've seen is the 'Caution:Contents may be Extremely Hot' warning on the coffee or hot cocoa styrofoam cups you get at like McDonald's or Burger King. I swear, people who order coffee/hot cocoa should already KNOW that it's gonna be hot. I know why they all did it though... McDonald's lost a case to a woman who spilled hot coffee on herself in their restaurant & got burnt. I don't remember how long ago that happened, but it's been awhile.

The funniest/stupidest warning I've seen is the 'Caution:Contents may be Extremely Hot' warning on the coffee or hot cocoa styrofoam cups you get at like McDonald's or Burger King. I swear, people who order coffee/hot cocoa should already KNOW that it's gonna be hot. I know why they all did it though... McDonald's lost a case to a woman who spilled hot coffee on herself in their restaurant & got burnt. I don't remember how long ago that happened, but it's been awhile.

haha there are stupid people in this world

Some people will not accept responsibility for their own stupidity - so they turn it into a lawsuit. If I would have spilled hot coffee on my crotch (sorry for being so blunt - but that is what the woman at McD's did) do you think I would have wanted it broadcasted all over the media???? Hello - is anyone home - some things should be left private (excuse the pun). It amazes me how stupid people are - anything for a buck - to me - keep your buck - I like my body the way it is! 'nuff said...........

I see those "hot contents" labels all the time.

In that McD's case the woman who sued (and won) was at the end of a long line of other people who had also filed complaints with the same McD's. Apparently the coffee was boiling hot, they had been told to fix it, but they did not. So she won. That makes sense really, not coffee should be boiling hot.

I didn't know about the "boiling hot" part of this. But still.... DUH!

There was a seinfeld episode like this too. LOL

I agree that it's total ignorance. There are lots of products that OBVIOUSLY contain peanuts (such as peanut butter) where they're required to put a warning that says "Product may contains peanuts" so that those allergic don't sue them. *laughs* Again, I repeat, DUH!

And LOL @ mama's pun. heheee

Not food...but I like the one on my hair dryer that says

"do not use while sleeping"

honeypsweet - really?? mine doesn't say that - it says not to use while BATHING! Like I am stupid enough to get into the tub or the shower with it on! DUH!!! Why not take in the coffeepot and toaster and have breakfast while sitting in the bubble bath with your hairy dryer on and watching the morning news on the tellie........................ZAP!

And for kicks - I can lick my fingers and stick them in a light socket!!! Of course that would be after I stood in a puddle of water up to my ankles while changing a fuse with the current still turned on.......................

LMAO @ mama manglia!!! You forgot to jam a fork in an outlet!

Here's a joke made from a label...........
When you have an "I Hate My Job" day, try this:

On your way home from work, stop at your pharmacy and go to the thermometer section and purchase a rectal thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson.

Be very sure you get this brand. When you get home, lock your doors, draw the curtains and disconnect the phone so you will not be disturbed.

Change into very comfortable clothing and sit in your favorite chair, open the package and remove the thermometer. Now, carefully place it on a table or a surface so that it will not become chipped or broken.

Now the fun part begins.

Take out the literature and read it carefully. You will notice that in small print there is a statement, "Every rectal thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson is personally tested".

Now, close your eyes and repeat out loud five times, "I am so glad I do not work in thermometer quality control at Johnson & Johnson."

HAVE A NICE DAY AND REMEMBER, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE WITH A JOB THAT IS WORSE THAN YOURS.

Take out the literature and read it carefully. You will notice that in small print there is a statement, "Every rectal thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson is personally tested".

LMAO!!! Boy am I glad that I don't work for J&J. Nor have I ever worked for them.

Duh wonder why the coffee is hot LOL

OMG - Don't get me started on rectal thermometers! OMG - my friends hubbie is such a jerk - he stuck it in his mouth because he was sick one day - OMG - don't even go there - we will never let him live it down - I can't believe he did it - OMG - it was a definite pee your pants laughing day while rolling on the floor!!

Think about it - each one personally tested............OMG - who had it shoved up their rear and then they sold it to you............OMG!!!!!!!!

OMG - Don't get me started on rectal thermometers! OMG - my friends hubbie is such a jerk - he stuck it in his mouth because he was sick one day - OMG - don't even go there - we will never let him live it down - I can't believe he did it - OMG - it was a definite pee your pants laughing day while rolling on the floor!!

Think about it - each one personally tested............OMG - who had it shoved up their rear and then they sold it to you............OMG!!!!!!!!
I am dying over here, LOL!!

Do you think he cared what color the end of it was??? I'm surprised he didn't go outside and jam the outside thermometer from the house in his mouth!!! Sorry to say this to any fellas out there - but they don't always think!!!! Woman think - men react without thinking! He was sick and he was going to prove it! But one thing - sure cured his butt real fast after he learned what he did!!! Hasn't been sick since!

What a cure-all.......maybe the American Medical ASSociation can print in one of their monthly newsletters.........QUICK CURE FOR FLU, COLDS AND FEVER - just stick a USED rectal thermometer in your mouth!! Guaranteed you will never want to do that again and you won't get sick again!! LOL!!

OMG MAMA!!!!!! Ahahahahhaaaa!!!!

Maybe you should send that in to a medical research team. LOL And isnt his wife so lucky! Men are such babies when they're sick.

No offense fellas - but rt49 is right!!! They come across as so macho - until they are sick - then the whole world is supposed to stop spinning and everything is to come to an end so that they can be cared for! Then they get better and go back to being macho! LOL

I love the tough guys that can't stand a cut on their finger! OMG - wash their hair, bathe them, feed them - LOL!!! Cut your finger - then go clean the chicken for dinner, clean the counter tops with bleach, do the laundry, wash the kitchen floor, polish the furniture and hand them the remote after you fixed them a coffee and did the dishes........(I'll stop there...)

Back