What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need recipe...

P

phoenyxstarr

Hey everyone. Do any of you know any recipes for dessert type foods, preferably cookies, brownies, or cakes, that don't take eggs? Goofball me forgot to grab some eggs Saturday when we went grocery shopping, and I have no plans on running out for a dozen eggs tonight, when it can wait till Saturday.

The only reason I'm asking for these recipes is because I'm getting a craving for something sweet. Darn these pregnancy cravings... LOL!

I make this stuff called dirt ever tried it

it has oreo cookes
cream cheese
vanilla pudding
milk
coolwhip
I don't have all the ingr. right here with me but do you have these things if so let me know and I will go see if I can find the recipe.

Brownies from a Cake Mix

1 pkg (18.25 oz)chocolate cake mix (any brand)
1 pkg chocolate pudding mix, cook-n-serve prepared DO NOT USE INSTANT PUDDING
1 pkg (12 oz) chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts, chopped

Pour dry cake mix into a large bowl; add the prepared pudding and nuts. Mix well and pour into a 9 X 13 greased pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-35 minutes. Remove and let cool (in refrigerator) overnight or until cold.

PINEAPPLE ANGEL CAKE

Stir together:
1 Angel Food Cake Mix (Dry only)
1 20 oz can Crushed Pineapple With juice

Bake in a 9 x 13 inch pan at 350 degree oven
Do not grease pan

Bake approx. 35 minute - top will be golden brown

Turn pan upside down on cooling rack or center of cake will fall.
Use Cool whip for topping if desired
This is absolutely wonderful for Spring and summer - Light and fluffy

ANGEL FOOD CHERRY CAKE

1 box angel food cake mix
1 can cherry pie filling
1 small tub cool whip free

Mix the pie filling and dry cake mix; place in a 9x13 un-greased pan, and
bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cool completely and top with cool whip.

Lemon Dessert Cake

1 angel food cake
1 lemon pie filling mix, cooked and cooled
1 cup whipping cream, whipped

Slice angel food cake horizontally into 3 layers.

Fold whipped cream into the lemon pie filling mix until smooth.

Place bottom cake layer on a cake plate. Spread some of the lemon mixture over. Top with the next cake layer. Spread some lemon mixture over. Top with the top cake layer. Ice the top and sides of the cake with the remaining lemon mixture.

Refrigerate several hours or overnight.

Buttery Oatmeal Crisps

1-3/4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup light-colored corn syrup
1/4 cup whipping cream
1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
3 tablespoons shortening

1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line a cookie sheet with foil; set aside. In a large bowl combine oats, sugar, flour, and baking powder; set aside. In another bowl combine melted butter, corn syrup, and cream. Add butter mixture to oat mixture and stir until combined. For each cookie, drop dough by rounded teaspoons 3 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown around the edges. Cool cookies on foil. Carefully lift edges of cookies, then peel cookies off foil.
2. In a small heavy saucepan heat chocolate pieces and shortening over low heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Dip one half of each cookie into chocolate mixture. Place on waxed paper to cool until chocolate is set. Makes about 60 cookies.

Potato Chip Cookies

1 lb butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour (not self-rising)
2 cups crushed potato chips
1/2 cups roasted pecans, chopped

Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla and stir in flour. Add potato chips and nuts. Drop by teanspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Cookies may be put close together as they do not spread very much. Bake for 12-15 minutes keeping a close eye on them.

Boiled Cookies

2 cups sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 cups milk
1/4 cups cocoa

Mix and boil for 1 and 1/2 minutes.

Remove and add:
2 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla

Beat, blend & drop by the spoonful on wax paper. No need to bake 'cause they'll harden by themselves.

Cherry Almond Balls

1/2 cup white Karo Syrup
1/4 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons almond extract
3 cups crushed vanilla wafers
Candied cherries

Mix Karo Syrup, orange juice, almond extract and vanilla wafers well. Mold one tablespoon of mixture around a candied cherry. Roll in colored sparkles or dip into dipping chocolate. Store in an airtight container.

Crunchy Fudge Bars

1 (12 oz) pkg butterscotch chips
1 (12 oz) pkg chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter, crunchy
8 cups crispy rice cereal
1 cup powdered sugar
4 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp water

Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan. Melt butterscotch chips with peanut butter over low heat; remove. Add cereal and stir until well coated. Press half of mixture into pan. Chill while preparing fudge. Set rest aside. Combine chocolate chips, sugar, butter and water. Stir over low heat until melted. Remove and stir well; pour over chilled mixture. Spread remaining cereal mixture over top. Press gently. Chill; remove from refrigerator 10 minutes before cutting into bars or squares.

Heavenly Dainties

2 packages (6 oz. each) butterscotch chips OR
chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
1 package miniature marshmallows

Mix chips, butter and peanut butter together in the top of a double boiler. Heat and stir until melted (I do this in the microwave now).

Stir in half of the marshmallows and stir until melted.

Remove from heat and allow to cool about 10 minutes.

Stir in remaining marsmallows, when the mixture is cool enough - they should not melt.

Spread in a 9 x 13 pan and chill.

No-Bake Peanut Butter Squares

1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups graham cracker crumbs (approximately 40 squares)
1 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
1 12-oz. package semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1/4 cup peanut butter

Line a 9x9x2 inch pan with aluminum foil. (Leave about 1 inch hanging over the opposite sides so you can lift the bars easily from the pan.)

In a large bowl, mix the powdered sugar, margarine, 1 cup peanut butter, and vanilla. Stir in the cracker crumbs and peanuts. (The mixture will be stiff.) Press mixture into the pan.

Over low heat stir together the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter until smooth. Spread over the mixture in the pan. Cover and refrigerate about an hour or until the chocolate is set. Remove from the pan and cut the bars into 36 squares. Refrigerate uncovered about 2 hours or until firm.

Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.

Unbaked Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

* 2 cups sugar
* 1/4 pound margarine
* 1/2 cup milk
* 3 tablespoons cocoa
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
* 3 cups quick cooking oats

Combine sugar, margarine, milk and cocoa in a 4 quart sauce pan. Cook at a full rolling boil for approximately 1 minute.

Remove from heat, add vanilla and peanut butter. Stir well. Add oatmeal to mixture, combine thoroughly.

Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Cool until firm.
Place in a refrigerator for 5-15 minutes to speed up the firming process...depending on how soon you want to enjoy the this candy-like treat!

Back