What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuffed Bell Peppers

B

BensMom

Ingredients:
2-2 1/2 lbs of cooked and strained ground beef (seasoned with garlic salt and pepper)
6 bell peppers (cut in half)
Shredded monterey jack cheese or mozarella
15 oz. can of tomato sauce
1/2 cup of cooked rice (seasoned with garlic salt and butter)
diced jalapenos
1 onion
1 can of diced green chiles

Preparation:
When cooking the meat, add the garlic salt, black pepper and onions. After straining it, add the green chiles. Let it brown and then add the cooked rice. Add the can of tomato sauce and mix well. When thats done, scoop the mixture to each individual bell pepper, of course, after you have cut them in half and cleaned out the seeds. Add a little bit of butter inside each bell pepper before you place the meat mixture inside. You can use a 13x8 dish and add a little bit of oil, just enough so that the bottom of it is covered. About six bell peppers fit into each. Place them in the oven, covered with aluminum foil @ 350-375 degrees. Cook it for 30 mins, then turn them. Cook for about another 30 mins. and check if there done. The easiest way to tell is when the bell pepper looks like its kind of shriveled, meaning it's cooked. As soon as you remove it from the oven, add the jalapenos on top of each bell pepper. Then place the cheese on top of each one. Cover it back up while the cheese melts.

Serves: 12

Oh Yummmy!

Thanks for posting all these great recipes!

You're welcome :) I like to post good ones for others since we are on a healthy kick and can't have a lot of them :p

Bensmom thats great recipe, but I tell u its seem very similar to what we made in home,we call it bharwaa shimla mirch (stuffed capsicum /green bell pepper).
We use potatoes/ginger/garlic/serrano or jalapeno fillings to it .But I guess Lamb meat will also be good , what do u think ?

That sounds like a yummy recipe! I've always eaten stuffed bell peppers with ground beef, but ground turkey would be very good and healthier!

My college roomie used to make them with the Boca ground "beef" and they were great!

My college roomie used to make them with the Boca ground "beef" and they were great!
Oh yeah! I forgot about 'fake ground meat' that you can use too. I never did just b/c it's wayyy more $$ ;).

Oh yes. I've had these with ground turkey and it really works well. Ground turkey is delicious with veggies mixed in. ;) Helps hold the moisture in the meat. Try it!

Back