What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rachel Ray, what do you think?

B

BensMom

She used to bug me, but now she is starting to grow on me. I know some people say she's not a real chef, but she doens't claim to be. Just to make easy realistic meals.

I'm definitely a fan of the realistic bits, although sometimes I do have trouble finding some of her suggested ingredients.

I like her recipes... but she has way too much energy for me.

Hubby likes watching her with the sound turned off...sigh.

My wife gave me two of her 30 minute meal books last christmas. I finally got the nerve to say "Bobby FLAY" not "Rachal RAY".

I tried a few recipes from her books and they basically taste like 30 minute meals. I'll stick with Flay.

I LOVE her cookbooks, but her regular shows annoy me. I think she seems like a pretty nice person though, I just find a lot of TV annoying.

Did anyone see the Iron Chef episode with Rachel Ray? They doubled her up with Iron Chef Mario Batali? They were paired up with Bobby Flay and I forget the other woman.

Rachel Ray and mario Batali won. Kind of suprised me. I thought Bobby Flay and the other woman would have had it in the bag.

I was really looking forward to the episode when it aired on November 12th, but fell asleep half way through. I caught it the following week. I thought Rachel looked a bit tired, or maybe she wasn't wearing much makeup.

My favorite part was when Rae said "I'm not a chef, I just cook" or something along that line.

I'm still waiting for the secret ingredient to be "Velveeta Cheese" :p

She's going commercial. I saw her name on junk in the grocery store today. :(

I love Rachel Ray. I really enjoy the recipes she does on her show. I have a few of her cookbooks. I also like her other show $40 a day. I haven't seen her new talk show but I hear it is good.

There's an interesting article on her on the cover of the new Redbook magazine. It's pretty cool; mostly some tidbits on her holidays habits and traditions.

I've grown to be a fan of her's lately. I don't know that I've ever made anything from her 30 minute meals, but I still enjoy watching. What I really enjoy is her morning talk show. She's like Martha, but with a personality and energy.

I like her and my little brother is kind of obsessed with her.

There are lots of Rachel ray detractors. I don't understand why. She's not even pretending to be a real chef.

Back