What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Pasta brand?

R

Raquelita

I like Barilla pasta, and last night we tried trumpet shaped pasta by them which was really good!

I really like fresh pasta and usually buy what I find in the refrigerator section. Why can't I remember the brand? Maybe it will come to me...

Oh, I can't remember the brand, but I can see the logo in my head. The only place I've found it is Sam's Club, the logo is of 2 chefs with spaghetti noodles in hand standing over a bubbling pot. I think it's something along the lines of "Chefs & Bakers" or something like that. They make other things, besides pasta.

For dried pasta, barilla. But yes, I also prefer fresh, refrigerated pasta...I particularly like the tortellinis.

Barilla for dried. If the grocer doesn't have Barilla, I look around for a good, imported variety. Barilla is still made in Italy, and it shows. ;)

I also enjoy a good fresh pasta, or refrigerated. I like Digioro brand because it is good, and relatively inexpensive.

Ooooh, do any of you like whole wheat pasta? It's one of my favorites!

My favorite pasta is bionaturæ organic pasta. Someone here recommended a while back. It's Italian made using organic durum wheat. Both the whole wheat and regular wheat varieties are good. I use the whole wheat pasta, unless the type I want is only available in white wheat. Plus, it's available at a lot of grocery stores, including SuperFresh, but there is a wider selection at organic markets. Try it, you like it!;)

Thanks for the tip, Old Bay. I prefer to use organic or sustainably grown when at all possible. :)

A neat choice for mac and cheese is Annie's. Try it. It's good!

Back