What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick egg salad

M

marymoomoo

6 eggs, hard boiled
1 small onion, finely chopped
mayo or miracle whip (to taste)
dill pickle relish (to taste)
salt and pepper (to taste)
brown or spicey mustard (optional, to taste)

Peel eggs. In large bowl, mash eggs with fork. Dump remaining ingredients in bowl. Fold to blend. Taste. Adjust seasonings. Then, refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

oh DILL pickle relish? oh good idea! I tend to use sweet pickle relish but I love dill in egg salad, so it makes sense that dill pickle relish would rock in it, too.

Hmmm, yummy. But be reminded when you use miricle whip because it tends to get runny if you don't eat it right away. I'd like to eat this one with olives. If you like green olives, you could substitute garden olives with pimiento for the relish. I usually sprinkle in paprika, chop a pickle and then mix it all up.
I would toast my bread and then add some lettuce! This would produce a wonderful taste! Yummy!

Last edited:
I've never done egg salad and this seems to be the best way to start. Thanks for the recipe and for the additional input guys!

oh DILL pickle relish? oh good idea! I tend to use sweet pickle relish but I love dill in egg salad, so it makes sense that dill pickle relish would rock in it, too.

I will sometimes just put fresh dill in instead of the relish - I think it tastes better because it's a little more subtle.

I've never used dill relish either, I've always used sweet, but I'm going to give this a try!

Back