What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuffing

M

mtmomj

What do you put in your stuffing ingredient wise? What kind of bread do you use?

You don't have to give specific recipes, as I know a lot of people don't like to share those *secret* recipes. :p Feel free to though, if you'd like. ;)

You know, i've never liked stuffing and it's never been a big part of our Thanksgiving traditions. i'm interested to see what others list as ingredients so maybe i can see what i'm missing!

I like to steam chestnuts, and then chop them fine and add to the stuffing. I also like to cook about 1/4 pound of country sausage and add it to the stuffing. My recipe is the one on the box of Bell's Poultry Seasoning plus chestnuts, and maybe sausage depending on my mood.

I cheat and buy a box of seasoned bread cubes... then add sauted onions, celery and mushrooms, chicken broth,salt, pepper and some sage.

All to taste.

My mother's "recipe" (she doesn't have any exact recipes) is cornbread (made in a big pan so it's thin and crunchy), white bread cubes, onions and celery (cooked until tender), turkey drippings (strained), chicken broth, salt, pepper, and lots of sage.

I have tried Tyler Florence's wild rice and goat cheese dressing. It's one of my favorites. :) Other than that, I just prefer traditional cornbread dressing.

Here is how I make mine I will make cornbread the night before and I boil some eggs cut them up chop some celery lets see one can of cream of chicken soup onions chicken broth and sage I think that is all that I add to mine then I cook it at 350 and I just watch it until its done.

I don't really like stuffing. So when I'm having a big dinner, like Thanksgiving, to where I know other people might want it, I just buy the boxed stuffing. LOL

Thanks for sharing. Your posts have given me some new ideas. :)

I try different things all the time, virtually something different everytime I make stuffing. One thing that I always like to do though is go to the local bread counted and get their day or two old bread for the filler of the stuffing.

dried sour cherry stuffing

I love home made stuffing, I add sausage, tyme, sage, chicken stock,dried sour cherries, bread cubes, celery, onion, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper, butter, fresh mushrooms,finely chopped carrots.:D

Back