What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many of you are going shopping the day after Thanksgiving?

B

barbiedoll1973_tn

I always go or have in the past I love getting those deals. But this year my husband is sick so therefore we probably will not get to go this year plus my baby is much bigger and older this year so we carried him last year and he almost killed us this year he would kill us he will be 21 months old and veryyy heavy.

I went last year, and got to the stores at 7am. All of the 'limited time specials' we gone. I'm sleeping in (yawn) and staying home this year. The deals are hyped and not real.

cinnamon - you are so right that the deals are hyped!

It's way too congested here and you can get killed trying to get in line for these sales. Some of the stores will hand out coffee and donuts to those that have spent the night sleeping in the parking lot. I would rather be home enjoying my hot tea and toast after spending a comfortable night in my own bed. I'm not the type that is going to start fighting with those that cut in line and put up with all the crap they pull.

I went last year to a store (specials were from 6 am to 11 am) and I got there at 11:15; I never go the day after Thanksgiving because of all the trouble. People were complaining because it was advertised that certain items would be there and they weren't delivered and rain checks were not being given out. I was done shopping after 12:30 - by that time the advertised items that were not there for the early bird special were now on the floor. I had wanted to get one of the items and I didn't buy it. But I changed my mind and went back the next day and there was the item - and plenty of them - and they were still being sold at the early bird price.

Also - many times the advertised specials are not at all the stores - only certain ones.

I don't feel like being pushed and shoved by a bunch of idiots that act like animals.

Just like during the cabbage patch craze - my g/f got a broken arm over a doll - sorry - nothing is worth it.

You see these people lining up for free used computer give aways and they are pounding the crap out of each other.

I don't believe in any of that - there is no call for it. We are supposed to be a civilized society but when you hear about what these "sales" do to people you just have to wonder.

I NEVER go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. There's too much crazyness. LOL I'm not into pushing & shoving to get what I want. If you wait long enough, the things you want will be on sale anyway. So I just stay home & sleep off all the food I ate. LOL

No way, Jose!

I'm sleeping in - people are crazy to go out shopping at that hour!

LOL I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks it's crazy to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving.

I have went the day after Thanksgiving for years..I am tired now!! Kids are grown..I dont care anymore about saving 50 cents or $1.00, it cost me more in gas just to get there. So I am sleeping in too!!!

Caryn Waters
Love my candle Biz
www.candleloverbiz.com

Can you believe I have never gone out that day to shop? I figured then that it might not be worth the stress of getting up and dealing with pushy people that day. BUT! This year, I think I might. Some of the deals are hard to beat that you hear about. We will see. :p

Not me. I need my sleep!

I'll get online at some point in the morning and check out those sales. But really, we're trying hard to have a minimalist Christmas this year and I have no intention of buying with reckless abandon, on that day or any other for that matter.

Black Friday....what a name to give it.

I usually am decorating the house for Christmas that day. By then my shopping is done and my cards are ready to be mailed. Leaving me with one day to do my baking and giving me some time to still make a few more ceramic and candle gifts.

Corine

http://ascentforcents.tripod.com

I will be going out this year. My grandma loves to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I thought it would be nice to spend some time with her. there fore I will be one of those crazy people up and in line to get into Walmart. Well since they are 24 hours I won't have to wait in line.

I'm a nature lover and am planning on going to Chincoteague Wildlife Preserve on the Friday after Thanksgiving. The Chincoteague Wildlife Preserve was established to save to snow geese from over hunting, and on the Friday after Thanksgiving, they open the back roads to the ponds on the island so you can drive in and see the marvel of thousands of snow geese.

Chincoteague Island is on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, and can be reached via US 13 from Norfolk, or via US 50 and US 13 from the Washington DC area. There is another huge Canada Goose Refuge in Cambridge, Maryland, just off of US 50, so if anyone is interested in wildlife viewing, and is taking the Route 50 way, dont' miss the Blackwater Wildlife Refuge in Cambridge, Maryland.

Both of these are much quieter that shopping, and heck, the real sales are in the week before Christmas, and the week after Christmas.

Well - I posted before and wasn't sure if I was going to go or not. Looks like hubby and I are actually going to go for it this year. :eek:

No way - Too many crazy people to deal with. Also bad traffic and no parking. I also believe the sales are all hype (1 or 2 of the cheap item on sale). I prefer to glad a little extra sleep and have a relaxing day with the family.

So, did anyone get any deals that were worth getting out and about at the crack of dawn? Share!

OK Just a update I didn't get to go this year... IT WAS VERY HARD FOR ME NOT TO GO LOL but with a sick husband I guess everything has to change but I did shop that night LOL ON LINE... I got free shipping at sears.com I spent all the money that I had saved..on like 8 items.. WOW everything cost soooooooooo much these days its not even funny..

My mom and I went shopping ALL day. We didn't get out for the doorbuster stuff since there wasn't any of those big ticket items that either of us wanted. But we did brave the crowds at a few of the busier stores and the mall. I was quite surprised that the lines and crowds weren't NEARLY as bad as I'd expected. Even traffice wasn't too much worse than normal. I guess more people are doing their shopping online instead of going out on Black Friday.

Back