What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spinoff: How do I put objects in a jello mold?

T

Twinmama

Spinoff of the how do you put things inside a cake? thread. How do people put things (fruit pieces, marshmallows, whatever) in a jello mold and not have them all sink to the bottom? I've seen them where they're all nicely and evenly scattered throughout the mold and I just can't figure out howthey did that without wrecking the mold.

Okay, I'll confess, it's been bugging me ever since Jim put Dwight's stapler in a jello mold on the first season of The Office.

LOL - that stapler in the jello has a bit more to it than just adding it to jello!!!

The trick is to mix your jello and wait until it is partially set before adding your goodies. This way they don't sink to the bottom (or top if inverted) of you mold.

Oh! I always wondered that, too.

All of my fruit sinks to the bottom. lol

Exactly; chill it for 30 minutes to an hour (check on it occasionally) and when it gets more jell-like and less liquid then you can add fruit or whatever and it will not sink to the bottom.

Or the top, which I discovered is what happens with bananas.

I have had problems adding things to jello so this will be a great thread to read up on. I think I might add the stuff to early before it gets alittle firm.

Thanks! I've been wanting to try adding some canned mandarin oranges to orange jello.

Back