What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Year's Eve Party Menu

L

lcsamano

I am having a New year's Eve Party and am trying to figure out a menu. I will be having appetizers such as finger foods. However, I am not sure what to do for an entree. Should I just stick with the appetizers? For appetizers I am having little smokies, little BBQ Meatballs, cheese and crackers, fruit, small shrimp cocktails and also thinking about vegetables.

I'd say the time of the party might have a lot to do with the menu. If the party is going to start late, you could get by with just some finger foods. If you're starting closer to dinner time, your guests might want a little something heavier (especially if there's going to be any alcohol).

I'm all about doing buffet style meals for big groups. You could make a few soups/stews and have different toppings and crackers, or a few pots of chili and set out some corn chips, cheese, etc. Even a taco bar would be pretty easy, just cook the meat and set out all of your different toppings (maybe even have chips & a cheese sauce for nachos).

Back