What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hand squeezed lemonade?

M

mtmomj

Anyone here make fresh lemonade? How many lemons/cups of sugar do you use? I haven't been able to perfect this yet. :rolleyes:

Thanks for any suggestions!

CLASSIC LEMONADE

10 -12 medium lemons scrubbed well, halved (end to end), thinly sliced
1 1/4 cups sugar
Optional: Pinch salt
5 cups cold water

Mash lemons and sugar (and salt, if using) in large, deep bowl or saucepan with potato masher or wooden spoon until lemon slices give up their juice, sugar dissolves and juice thickens to syrup consistency, about 4 minutes.

Pour half of lemon slices and syrup through large sieve over bowl or saucepan; press on solids with masher or wooden spoon to release as much liquid as possible. Discard solids; transfer liquid to serving pitcher. Repeat process with remaining lemon slices. Stir in water until blended.

Chill well and stir to blend before serving. Serve over ice.

LEMONADE

8 lemons
2-1/2 c. sugar
1 gallon water

Roll lemons until soft. Cut in half and juice into jug. Add sugar and water. Mix well.

Thanks mama mangia. :) My dad used to make lemonade all the time, but he just did it to taste. So i never knew how much of what to put in. Now I do. :)

Thanks for the recipe. Fresh lemons are so much better than the bottle lemon juice.

Corine

want more??????????????

Applebee's Lemonade Recipe

1 Quart water
1 cup sugar
1 cup FRESH lemon juice
Sparkling Water (not tonic water, like Perrier)

Mix first three together. Fill a tall glass 2/3 to 3/4 with Lemon mixture then fill with sparkling water.

I didn't know their lemonade was made fresh! Sparkling water is a good idea!

That's a really good idea. I never knew how they made theirs. Thanks again. :)

Back