What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone make your own jelly/jam?

M

mtmomj

Do you usually just buy the store bought jam/jelly or do you make your own? Do you find it difficult at all?

I find it a lot easier to just buy it off of the shelf, but I got my first taste of homemade jelly (can't be beat!) and I am considering maybe making it sometime down the road.

mtmomj - it's very easy to make - never had a problem - even the freezer jams are great!

my preference is definitely homemade! and you're right - can't beat the taste of homemade!

It's very easy to make jams. I was 9 years old when I learned how to make jams. I read it from a book and then my mother helped me.

Now, I always make jams for my mother. She loves my jams.

I've made it before with extra fruits and whatnot, but it's not something I've done in a long time. We don't use much jelly or jam, so I generally just buy a small jar if we need it for something.

I agree though, you can't beat the taste of homemade!

Thanks everyone! I am going to look around online and try to find some different recipes. My daughter would love to watch and help out.

When we were kids we used to love eating bread with jelly or jam. My mom doesn't want us to eat all the jams we want because it might be bad for us you know tonsillitis and stuff. So she just made us our jam, usually strawberries and mango and she says their very healthy and she actually lessens the sugar in it for us to enjoy more.

Back