What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is your favorite author?

L

lcsamano

I just started getting back into reading. I have discovered that I really like Nicholas Spark books as well as Danielle Steel books. When I was younger I would read Jackie COllins and Fern Michael.

I have several authors that I enjoy reading - John Grisham, Tammi Hoag, and Patricia Cornwell. I really like to read but only seem to have enough time when I am on vacation.

John Grisham. Problem is, I've read everything of his and he can't seem to write new ones fast enough, LOL.

I also like Terri Blackstock and Robert Whitlow.

I have several authors that I enjoy reading - John Grisham, Tammi Hoag, and Patricia Cornwell. I really like to read but only seem to have enough time when I am on vacation.

I have read a few of Patricia Cornwell's books they are good. Have you read any Faye Kellerman or any Mary Clark Higgins? They are also into suspense.

I have a lot of favorites. I like JRR Tolkein, PB Wilson, Kate Elliot, Elizabeth Haydon...I could keep going. LOL Those are the 1st that come to mind though.

I have lots too, particularly detective/mystery ones like Agatha Christie, Erle Stanley Gardner, S.S. Van Dine, Ed McBain, Jeffrey Deaver, Michael Connelly, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, Matthew Reilly, Patricia Cornwell, etc..I stopped reading Cornwell's books after Black Notice though.
Of the romantic novels I like the works of Barbara Cartland, Nicholas Sparks, Janet Dailey.

My favorite author is Agatha Christie. I've probably read 80% of the books she wrote and it's hard now to find those that I haven't read. That's mostly because some publisher retitle the books under different names, but also because she wrote so darn many novels that it's hard to remember them all :)

I got a set of 5 DVD's of MGM 1960's Agatha Christie movies with Jane Marple as the detective last year (in Black and White). There's a trailer on the DVD's for 'And Then There Were None' which was originally titled 'Ten Little Indians'. That is absolutely the best Agatha Christie novel adaptation to movie, and is full of suspense. I hope it comes out in a set soon.

Wow 80%? I only have 29 paperbacks of Christie's novels. I wish I could also find more. Recently, I asked my husband to buy for me in Barnes. Most of my finds are in our thrift stores. I've never read any of Ariadne Oliver and Harley Quin mysteries.

Hmmm...I see new authors I need to check out. LOL I love reading when I have the time for it. :)

My favorite author is Agatha Christie. I've probably read 80% of the books she wrote and it's hard now to find those that I haven't read. That's mostly because some publisher retitle the books under different names, but also because she wrote so darn many novels that it's hard to remember them all :)

I got a set of 5 DVD's of MGM 1960's Agatha Christie movies with Jane Marple as the detective last year (in Black and White). There's a trailer on the DVD's for 'And Then There Were None' which was originally titled 'Ten Little Indians'. That is absolutely the best Agatha Christie novel adaptation to movie, and is full of suspense. I hope it comes out in a set soon.

Have you tried a used book store or even there is one online called thebookcart.com they usually have lots of Agatha Christie books. I have never read any of hers.

I've quickly become a fan of F. Paul Wilson (even requested his newest paperback for Christmas)....and of course, Grisham.

Have you tried a used book store or even there is one online called thebookcart.com they usually have lots of Agatha Christie books. I have never read any of hers.

Yeah, we get our Agatha Christie from a local used bookseller,Wonder Books and Video. We always buy lots of them, and when we ship to APO addresses, try to include one of the books in the order. I just think I'm getting close to having ready all of Agatha Christies novels, and the last of them are hard to determine. That's especially true since I haven't kept track of what I've read.

I've started reading some James Patterson lately. I haven't read anything of his, but I have seen two movies from his books, Along Came a Spider and Kiss the Girls. I really enjoyed those and so I thought that his books would be up my alley as well.

I love James Patterson, Dean Koontz, Jeffrey Deaver, Stephen King, Nora Roberts, Danielle Steele and Tamo Hoag.

I am currently readin James Patterson's 'Honeymoon', just finished 'Cell' by Stephen King. Before that is was 'Miracle' by Danielle Steele.

Last edited:
My favorite author is Janet Evanovich, I love the Plum series, and wait impatiently every year for the new book to come out. It always comes out right before we go on vacation. I grab it and read it on the way.
I also like Nora Roberts, and Karen Robard.
I am in the middle of John Grisham's latest, the true story about the man who was convicted of murder, but was innocent.
I have read several Patricia Cromwell. I am still a kid at heart and I love Harry Potter (J. K. Rowlings), except the latest book, it was not my favorite.
I love to read so I could probably think of several more. I just finished The Devil Wears Prada, it was a pretty good book and In Her Shoes, the book was better than the movie.

Edgar Allen Poe and Sylvia Plath....I love them both and can't get enough

I really don't have a favorite author but I read books written by John Grisham, Thomas Harris, Anne Rice, Stephen King, Haruki Murakami, Nick Hornby and Koji Suzuki.

I also love the works of Virginia Woolf, Jane Austen and Oscar Wilde.

Dave Pelzer because his books are the true story of his life. He was an abused child, and the books are an account of the terrible things he went through from a child to a man. They are a must read.

Back