What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with merugine

L

lcsamano

I am making merugine cookies for tomorrow and they are not coming out. They are very chewy instead of kinda crunchy. I am wondering why this is happening.

did you beat your whites until foamy and then add your sugar 1 T. at a time and beat till stiff and glossy (never underbeat for these)

was your oven at proper temp?

did you leave the oven door closed for the amount of time specified in the recipe after turning it off?

Yes, the oven was at the correct temp. I left the door closed at all times. However, I think my mistake was adding the sugar. The recipe didn't say to add it one tsp at a time. It actually said to pour slowly. Maybe I did it to fast.

That could be tghe problem - the next time you make them add a scant tablespoon of sugar at a time and make sure your baking sheet is cold. A friend of mine made the mistake while preheating the oven she left the baking sheet on top of the stove - so she dropped the cookies on a hot sheet.....not good.

Back