What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild Pheasant

V

vp311

Hey everyone, I'm a upland game bird hunter and will be going pheasant hunting tomorrow morning. I anticipate bringing home a couple of wild pheasant. So.....who has a great pheasant recipe? Thanks in advance..

Well, I harvested two fine pheasants this morning (day after thanksgiving) and would love to hear any recipes any of you may have. Thanks!

PHEASANT IN CREME:

1 pheasant, quartered
1 can cream of chicken soup
½ cup apple cider (or white wine)
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
¾ tsp. salt
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 3 oz. can mushrooms, drained

Heat oven to 350°. Place the bird in ungreased baking dish 9 x 9 x 2. Mix soup, cider (wine), salt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion and mushrooms. Pour over the pheasant. Sprinkle generously with paprika. Basting occasionally, bake uncovered for 1½ hours (fork tender) at 350°. NOTE: Can add more paprika in final 30 minutes. This recipe works equally well with squirrel, rabbit, quail or chicken.

That looks pretty good. However, by the time I checked back to the forum I had already prepared them in a dijon mustard sauce and served over rice. Thanks anyway, I'll try that recipe next time.

Back