What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Explaining Santa Claus

L

lcsamano

How do you explain to a 7 year old that Santa is real when they have been told by children that he isn't real? My 7 year old came home yesterday really upset cause someone in her class told her that Santa wasn't real. I told her that the person was full of it and left it alone. Now she is asking a whole bunch of questions.

She will grow to learn that Santa is something that grows in your heart each and every year! The legend of Santa has always been around (regardless of cultures, name, etc.) and incorporating the true meaning of Christmas with all of this will make it all better. And the "real" Santa has been so overwhelmed that he has had to hire many "helpers" (Santa wanna-be's) to make sure that all the children celebrate the holiday. And it's the tradition that will always be carried on for many generations to come.

oops - I submitted before I was done!

Also she will see that Santa is still a big thing for all your family members and that you all believe!

Growing up in my house Santa was only real as long as you believed. So, let's say it together, "I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE!" :)

We were also explained that Santa is sooooo busy that he has lots of helpers out this time of year to talk to children. So those kids that don't send Santa a list can just tell the helper Santa and they'll tell the real Santa.

Tell her the story of St. Nicholas. I think she'll understand. By the way, have you done the putting their gifts in their socks without them knowing it?

Tell her the story of St. Nicholas. I think she'll understand. By the way, have you done the putting their gifts in their socks without them knowing it?

Yeah, they children have never seen us put there toys out or even the ones that are in the closet behind everything. I am going to tell her the St. Nicholas story as well as the other suggestions that were giving.

Back