What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite craft.

L

lcsamano

I am currently working at a craft fair with my mom. We just did little ornaments, towels with toppers, hot pads, a few hanger christmas trees and a few gel candles. We figured since the location was in a bowling alley that alot of the children would purchase the ornaments that we priced very low. However, we are finding that they aren't. Now we are rethinking for next year as what to do.

If you were to do a craft fair what would be your favorite thing to craft?

oh, there are so many "crafty" things I get in my head. I just don't know how long I can stick with one (or even a couple) of projects without being ready to move on to something else (can we say ADD? :p )

I've recently discovered personalizing casserole dishes (etching glass) and I'm using a few as gifts for Christmas. I love to do lots of goodies and from what I understand, food usually sells pretty well at craft shows (even like prejarred mixes and such). Corn sacks (heatpads) would be another thing I think I could whip up really quick to have at a fair.

I love making afghans, doing macrome, decorating towels...there are so many different things that I like to do.

same here! knitting, crocheting, braiding, sewing, embroidery, painting, all kinds of crafts..............I love doing all that stuff.

oh, there are so many "crafty" things I get in my head. I just don't know how long I can stick with one (or even a couple) of projects without being ready to move on to something else (can we say ADD? :p )

I've recently discovered personalizing casserole dishes (etching glass) and I'm using a few as gifts for Christmas. I love to do lots of goodies and from what I understand, food usually sells pretty well at craft shows (even like prejarred mixes and such). Corn sacks (heatpads) would be another thing I think I could whip up really quick to have at a fair.

The corn sacks are a good thing. Especially at craft fairs. My mom and I went to one a few months ago and that was the hot item. We were amazed at how many people purchase them. However, there are so many uses for them.

I love my corn sack, especially this time of year. My feet are always cold and I can toss it under the blanket with me and stay warm for hours. And it's perfect to use as a heating pad for those aches and pains of everyday life.

Ive made bead jewellery for years. Its very relaxing to do... Except when my cat tries to help and knocks the beads all over the floor! I learnt to knit as a kid but I cant remember how and would love to learn again.

I make little plastic canvas ornaments or refrigerator magnets. I also like to crochet all sorts of things, from small teddy bears to afghans. Right now I'm working on a cross-stitch holiday hanging. I really should make another baby announcement too because I'm so close to delivery.

The big day (actually night) was the 20th. She was born at 12:42 am, weighed 8lbs 2oz & was 21 inches long. She's perfectly healthy & currently being fawned over by my 10-year-old. She loves holding babies & helping me when they are little, but when they get older (like my 18-month-old) she doesn't like it so much anymore.

I haven't had time in years to really be into any crafts, but I do love to crochet and also cross-stitching. I've been thinking about getting back into the crocheting lately.

Medako - I have never heard of a corn sack, can you describe one to me?

I like to do counted cross stitch when I have time. I also make handmade soy candles.

How do you make soy candles? I've always wanted to try that, but I wouldn't even know where to start. Could you explain it to me a little?

Im currently doing some cross stitiching and it's a bit challenging. Not so good for my eyes though. I want to try candle making too. I especially would like to learn how to create different colors and designs.

I like to crochet as well. Sadly, I haven't had much time for it lately, or should I say made much time for it, but I want to change that.

I work on my craft project every night, its my own personal 'me' time. If I don't get some 'me' time, I go crazy from being home alone with 3 girls all day long.

clara, what color fabric are you using for your cross-stitch? I've found that having something that contrasts (like a white towel or something when you cross-stitch on black cloth) in my lap helps me see the needle holes better. They also make magnifiers for the patterns & I saw magnifying craft glasses at Hobby Lobby before.

My favorite craft right now, since my children are so young is scarpbooking. I spend hours at a time at night arranging our family photos, and making pages for the scrapbooks. I have one totally devoted to trips to Disney World LOL. I also like to crochet blankets, but haven't had the time for that latley.

I used to do scrapbooking when I was younger. I haven't done it in quite some time though. I haven't been able to find the time to do it.

aeiou - sorry I'm a little slow getting back in here...

a corn sack is just that. A sack of corn. :) I use thick pillow ticking fabric and make a "pillow" that's about 14x8" and then fill it about 1/3 with whole corn (like you would get at a feed mill for animals). You toss it in the microwave for a few minutes and it gets really warm and stays warm. It can be used as a heating pad on achy muscles or under a blanket to help you stay warm. (dry rice works the same as the corn).

To make them a little more eye appealing, just make a pillow case out of your favorite cotton fabric.

clara, what color fabric are you using for your cross-stitch? I've found that having something that contrasts (like a white towel or something when you cross-stitch on black cloth) in my lap helps me see the needle holes better. They also make magnifiers for the patterns & I saw magnifying craft glasses at Hobby Lobby before.

The fabric I use is a white one. The problem is actually more on my eyes, they're getting more blurry nowadays. I haven't been to the doctor yet, so for now, I stopped the cross stitching. I would like to try the magnifying craft glasses that you mentioned though, I'm gonna look for them here in Manila. They would be a great help. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back