What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuffed Tomatoes

L

lcsamano

I usually stuff my tomatoes with tuna and a vinigerette dressing. However, the tomatoes get soggy by the time it is dinner time. Do you stuff your tomatoes with something different?

I've never heard of stuffed tomatoes. My husband would probably love it. I'll have to try stuffing tomatoes & see what he says.

You can use rice, whole kernel corn, chopped zucchini, barley, couscous, bread crumbs/croutons, etc. with any seasoning you like. Dot with butter and place in buttered baking dish - 350* till heated through if you don't want to use a vinaigrette.

You can use rice, whole kernel corn, chopped zucchini, barley, couscous, bread crumbs/croutons, etc. with any seasoning you like. Dot with butter and place in buttered baking dish - 350* till heated through if you don't want to use a vinaigrette.

That sounds really good. We have never had couscous so it will be a great adventure making it as well as tasting them.

Mmmm...That does sound really good Mama Mangia. I will definately be trying that.

I usually fill mine either with risotto or just with some other mixed vegies, cream cheese and sweet chilli sauce. MMMM..... :p

I stuff my tomatoes with ground pork meat. The ground meat should be mixed with garlic, onion, salt and pepper (to taste), and seasoning. Mix all these ingredients. Cut the tomatoes in half and put the mixed ingredients. Then cook this in a frying pan. Use an adequate amount of oil.

Last edited:
The only thing I have had in a tomato before was goat cheese...small tomatoes by the way. This might be fun; something new to try!

Back