What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French Onion Soup in a crockpot

L

lcsamano

* 3 large onions, thinly sliced
* 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
* 1 Tbsp. olive oil
* 1 tsp. sugar
* 3 tablespoons flour
* 1/4 tsp. pepper
* 4 (14 oz) cans ready to serve beef broth

In 3-4 quart crockpot, combine onions, melted butter, olive oil, and sugar. Cover crockpot and cook onions on high heat for 30-40 minutes or until onions begin to brown around the edges. Stir thorougly.

Sprinkle flour and pepper over the onions; mix well.
Let cook for 15 minutes longer on high. Then add beef broth and stir again. Cover crockpot and cook on LOW for 7-9 hours until onions are tender.

* 3 large onions, thinly sliced
* 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
* 1 Tbsp. olive oil
* 1 tsp. sugar
* 3 tablespoons flour
* 1/4 tsp. pepper
* 4 (14 oz) cans ready to serve beef broth

In 3-4 quart crockpot, combine onions, melted butter, olive oil, and sugar. Cover crockpot and cook onions on high heat for 30-40 minutes or until onions begin to brown around the edges. Stir thorougly.

Sprinkle flour and pepper over the onions; mix well.
Let cook for 15 minutes longer on high. Then add beef broth and stir again. Cover crockpot and cook on LOW for 7-9 hours until onions are tender.

I love French onion soup! The best part is sliding it under the broiler to melt the cheese and toast the bread on top!!! And it is so easy to make! mmmmm

slow cooker cream of mushroom soup

I am looking for a simply and basic recipe for cream of mushroom soup with lots of mushrooms for the crock pot, whould anyone happen to know of one? I would be very grateful for any help.
Thanks
dadsbug

Back