What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need crock pot recipe

D

dadsbug

Hi everyone! I am from Reno Nevada, just moved here from California and we are trying to keep warm! I just found this site and hopefully someone out there might be able to help me. I am looking for a simple, basic recipe for cream of mushroom soup for the crock pot using lots of fresh mushrooms. If anyone has one i would be ertanaly grateful. thanks so much :eek:

Cream Of Mushroon Soup

12 - 14 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon margarine
3 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoon chopped onion
Salt to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup sour cream
1 cup half-and-half or milk

In skillet, saute sliced mushrooms in butter; place in crock pot. Add chicken broth, onion, salt, and pepper; stir well. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 6 to 10 hours (on HIGH setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours).

About 30 minutes before serving, turn to HIGH setting. Mix flour and sour cream; add to crock pot with half-and-half. Cook until slightly thickened.

although this one is not a crockpot recipe, you can follow the instructions above using these ingredients:

Cream of Mushroom Soup

1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup chopped green onions
2 cups chopped mushrooms
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup half and half
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

In a large skillet, cook green onions in butter over low heat for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes. Add flour and cook 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat; add chicken broth and half and half with whisk. Bring soup to a boil over moderate heat. Simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.

Back