What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you wear an apron?

M

medako

I've never worn an apron and have made a total mess out of too many of my clothes. This year my brother was looking for ideas for me a Christmas gift and I mentioned an apron. He got me one and I wore it this morning while making waffles. I think I could get used to just wiping my hands on the front of it and not worrying about getting dirty.

I've worn aprons forever! And I enjoy making all kinds of them as well. Keeps the clothes clean for sure!! I would be lost without one on while cooking/baking, etc.

Now and then, only if I am expecting company and am already dressed. Otherwise, I don't worry about it. I don't usually wear clothes that can't stand a washing while I'm in the kitchen.

I have a habit of wiping my hands on my behind, hubby always says you can tell when I've been baking because I have floury handprints on my butt. :D So, unless I wear an apron backwards, it wouldn't do me much good. lol

phoenyxstar - what you need is one of those "old lady" aprons that are made like a top and snap or button up the front! At least you won't have handprints on you butt! LOL

PS - don't laugh - those are life savers when working with hot grease or during canning season, etc! I must own at least a dozen of them - if not more!

LOL @ phoenyx - I do the SAME thing! But I noticed when I had on the apron I was more likely to wipe on the front....especially when I hung a dishtowel in the strings.

I always wear an apron, otherwise I do a great job of ruining my clothes with grease, juice, and whatever else I can splatter, spill, or dump on myself. I still manage to be like Phoenyxstarr, and have flour prints on the sides of my legs, or on my backside when I am done cooking! I also manage to get things in my hair, my husband gets a good chuckle most of the time. Maybe I need coveralls?

I really should get in the habbit of wearing an apron. My mom gave me one. But for some reason, I just never wear it. They really are more convenient.

I've worn aprons forever! And I enjoy making all kinds of them as well. Keeps the clothes clean for sure!! I would be lost without one on while cooking/baking, etc.

Wow, I am interested in knowing how your masterpieces turn out. Maybe you could create a thread that would showcase your aprons ;)

I've never used an apron though, except when in school where it is really a policy that anyone holding a knife and a ladle should wear one. That's minus points if we're ever caught without it. Maybe I'd get used to it.

I have a habit of wiping my hands on my behind, hubby always says you can tell when I've been baking because I have floury handprints on my butt. :D So, unless I wear an apron backwards, it wouldn't do me much good. lol

Hehe. I will say that I often keep a dish towel thrown over my shoulder, to wipe my hands on.

That reminds me of the time my husband and I went grocery shopping together (a rare occurrence) and I got some flour, and I guess I held it close to my body and some bits of flour got on my shirt. He said, "You look like you've been baking a pie in the aisle!"

I never wear an apron when I'm cooking main dishes. But if I'm to bake I guess I have to use one.

Someone needs to come up with an updated, "trendy," version of an apron. If they did I bet they would make a lot of money. I think most don't wear them, because they are bulky, and not all that attractive.

The only time I've worn an apron was in school. I've seen aprons with naughty or funny words on them. I'm more like phoenyxstarr, sometimes wiping my hands on the behind! I also have a small hand towel hung near the sink, so I use that mostly to dry my hands.

My mother gave me an apron as New Year's gift :D. Maybe she thought it's about time I use one. Talk about timing! :D

The only time I really use an apron is when I am baking. I find that is when I have a tendancy to wipe my hands on my clothes. If the apron is in the dirty clothes then I will use a towel and fold it into my pants.

Barkley - here's a little something trendy for ya :)

bib_carmen_04.jpg

jose_chef_05.jpg

bib_ava_04.gif

No. In fact, I don't have an apron!

My brother would laugh his ass off if he sees me wearing an apron.

I don't own an apron and actually never wore one.

Pinkperson I love the apron in the middle; that is so cute!

Yeah, I think wearing an apron is a lot better. My mom doesn't really wear an apron at home, but she has a towel in the refrigerator that is very accessible to her all the time. But when she were working she's so used to wearing aprons and she even has assortments of style. I like aprons it make me feel I'm a real cook.

Back