What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need to vent?

M

medako

yes, I do.

I KNOW it's January and the dead of winter, but come on! Last year on the 13th of January it was nearly 70 degrees and I was stuck in a stinkin' hospital room. This year we're having the birthday party on the 13th and it's supposed to be 33 degrees! I have probably 30 people coming and now it's going to be too cold for anyone to even go outside to sit on the porches for a while. *sigh* I even cleaned up out there and moved the swing around to the front of the house for more seating. Mother Nature sucks.

Wow I'm amazed that it's that cold there; many other places I see people complaining b/c it's unseasonably warm.

Like here. It was nearly 70 degrees today. Nice and warm but I like just a bit of winter, you know?

ITs a little hot here too...I'm not liking it...but I'm mroe annoyed with the whole super hot during the day and cold at night...

Yeah, this weather is out of control. Here in CA it has been nice and then they are now talking about snow this weekend. This weather is so crazy. Hopefully the weather doesn't ruin the party.

UPDATE ON THE WEATHER - *drumroll*

freezing rain and wintery mix expected for Friday night into/thru Saturday & Sunday. Highs are expected to be below freezing.

lovely, just lovely.

I live in the snowbelt - waiting for the blizzard to hit - the lake effect is rough - especially since the lake has not even begun to freeze yet! So that means we can get 14 feet of snow on a good day! So I just got back from grocery shopping - I'm prepared for the storm that is supposed to hit today and another Monday - grrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully you are able to pull it all off without a hitch. It's going to be hard with all those peope in the house; but treat yourself to a nice bubble bath when it's all over.

party has been postponed. We're going to try for next weekend.

the weather just keeps getting worse and the forecast isn't looking good. So, to avoid a last minute panic, we decided to just go ahead and let everyone know that we'll put it off until the weather gets better.

Where abouts do you live? Hopfully not in the Colorado area. I think every week they are getting some more inches.

no, not Colorado....Oklahoma - where out state motto is "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute"....*sigh*

We are supposed to have a super horrid cold/ winterey weekend also

I need to complain again....

weekend forecast on Monday - cold
weekend forecast on Tuesday - slight chance of flurries
weekend forecast on Wednesday - snow advisory
weekend forecase on Thursday - 6-9" of snow

guess who's NOT having a party again this weekend. *sigh* kiddo is gonna be 2 before he has his first birthday party...

*haha* ...don't worry. it will end soon. and i know what you mean...its all icey and cole here.I can't get out ot the house.and it bugs me

Well, I live in Oklahoma too & that was our weather forecast for last weekend... and you know what we got??

Nothing but rain, & a few flurries that didn't stick, but no where near the 8-10" they were forecasting Thursday night. I'm not too upset by the weather, I rarely leave the house because I don't drive; but my oldest wanted some snow & didn't get it. Poor her.

The weather has been crappy here too. That's not what I have to vent about though. My hubby & I were supposed to move this week. He's been 5hrs away, staying with his sister & working while we're waiting for a loan to go through for the house. We were just about to close on the house when the lender decided that he couldn't give a loan for the type of home we were looking at! Now I don't know how long it will be until I get to see my hubby. :(

That was just horrible of the lender. He should have known what kind of loans he could give before he told you to close on the house. I hope you get to see your hubby soon, I don't know what I'd do if I was away from my hubby for more than a couple hours. I guess I'm spoiled that way... but I have to get used to it soon because he'll be going to Iraq to work on military vehicles.

Thanks Phoenixstarr...We're trying to work with other lenders right now. Hopefully something will work out soon. My hubby said that if something doesn't work out soon, he'll come home. I used to be spoiled like that...I'm hoping to be spoiled like that again soon. :) Hopefully your hubby won't be in Iraq that long. It's terrible being without them for a long time.

You girls are tougher than I am. By the time hubby's been gone about 12 hours or so I really start missing him. You'd think that after all these years I'd be ready for a break, but I kinda like havin' him around! :p I hope you girls don't have to be without your husbands for too long (or too much longer).

On the party news...we're finally having this stinking birthday party - tomorrow! It's expected to be 60 degrees today, but what about tomorrow? Oh, 40 with a 40% chance of rain. Super lovely. But at this point I don't care. I went to the store last night and got all of the veggies I need for the veggie tray and the tacos. Today I'm baking the cakes and getting everything chopped up. Hopefully tomorrow I won't have too much to get done - picking up chips & ice, browning & seasoning the meat, and putting everything out on the tables.

Thanks...I'm glad you think I'm tough. Sometimes I really don't think so.

Good luck on the party! I hope all goes well for you. :)

I'm irritated again. What's new, right?

Well, yesterday I planted tomato and pepper plants and planted some seeds in starter pots. Well, the wind had to blow 100mph last night and blow every single pot over. I'm too scared to go out and see if all of my plants are snapped in half! I have the WORST timing!

Back