What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soya Milk or Cow's Milk?

P

pinkperson

Which do you prefer, soya milk or cow's milk? Compare its taste and the nutrients you can get from it. In our place, cow's milk is the most preferred milk, maybe because of its taste. Cow's milk is also the milk that is most frequently manufactured by the dairy companies here. Soya milk is seldomly sold in our supermarket.

Last edited:
We use soy milk, both vanilla and chocolate, because of the lack of hormones and dairy fat. Neither of us needs it for medical reasons, but it just seems better for the body. Soy digests like an animal protein so you're not missing out on the protein benefits of dairy, but without the harshness on your stomach. We still use cows milk for some things, and I understand why some people what it...it's just our preference.

I prefer cow's milk although I haven't been drinking milk lately. Im not yet used to the taste of soy milk but maybe someday I will like it too.

If you do decide to switch, try the vanilla or very vanilla first - & dont expect it to taste too much like milk because it really doesn't, but it's GREAT in coffee, especially the chocolate

I use soy milk when my babies turn a year old...to kind of get their tummies used to something other than breast milk. They seem to take longer to be able to digest cow's milk. I know I should drink soy milk, but I just can't seem to get used to the taste. When I was a child, I LOVED the taste of vanilla rice milk though. Rice Dream I believe was the brand.

I haven't tried the Soy Milk. I have heard that it doesn't taste like milk at all. I am not a big milk drinker to being with. My husband has wanted to try it for a while now. Maybe I will surprise him and get some of the vanilla or chocolate.

we've never tried soy, and I really don't have any desire to. Plain old cow's milk is just fine with me.

Cows milk for me please..anything that is synthetic or plant is not milk.it just pretends to be!

I love milk in general but I was raised drinking soymilk because I used to be allergic to cow's milk. Now I get to chug em both!

I love soy milk & the fact that I need it for health reasons. But I also love real milk. So either one, I guess. :)

I prefer the taste of real milk 2% anything less just does not taste like real milk. We purchase only organic milk that way we don't drink milk from cows given antibiotics and hormones. I really prefer to buy milk from our local creamery but it is kind of out of the way for us. I really love to have a glass of milk with my dinner but it has to be ice cold (no ice cubes). We have a special super cooling container in the door of our refrigerator and that is where the milk must be kept.

Soy milk really disgusts me, I cannot stand the taste of it at all. I don't drink whole milk either, only 2 percent. But it does the job just fine, and it has less calories as well.

I love milk so I drink soya and cow's milk. Soya is tastier though. I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but it has a very distinct taste. I like it. And it's healthier too!

Back