What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the weather like where you are?

O

oldbay

Here in Maryland in the US the weather has been unusually warm for the whole winter. It's almost like were not going to have a winter. Right now, it's 66 degrees F outside and it's after 6pm EST on Jan 14th. I know that we usually have a day here or there that are that warm.

If you compare today's temperature with records, there isn't anything spectacular. But having 40 days of mostly 60 degree but yet non-record breaking temps from Dec thru now is extremely unusual. It supposed to get cold on Tuesday for a day or two, but then were back to these temperatures. I've never witnessed these temperatures like this, and I have a few years behind me. What's it like in your neck of the world?

frigid! Friday morning an ice storm started moving in....we've been hit with 3 rounds of sleet already (2-3"). The roads and highways are at a standstill. There are at least 20K people in the area without power.

I think the ice has moved out, but the cold is just beginning. For the next 5-7 days the highs probably won't be over 20 F.

I'm just hoping that it starts to get better real soon. I love my husband and all, but he's GOT to go back to work before we drive each other batty!

It's super cold here! We are supposed to get the big storm also. I hope we do....I would like an extra day off of work! :p I want to add that I can do without the power loss though!

Hot here in Manila during the day and a little cold at night.

Here in Southern California it has been freezing. Were I am it has only been about 4 degrees at night and about 40 during the day. I thought it was supposed to be Sunny California.

Right now...it's about 30-32 degrees or so..ice everywhere. My husband was off of work yesterday and is again today. Looks like he's going to have to work a regular day on Saturday; and he was supposed to be in a wedding. I guess we shall see. :(

Right now in Pennsylvania, US...it's cold & we've got about 2 in of snow on the ground. I wouldn't mind it so much if my hubby was here to snuggle with, but he's out of town for a while. :(

No more iceness and snow coming down.but its still wet adn cold and freezing..so ice apparently forms..or will form..something...it sucks..I wnat out but everyone is afraid

Right now, it's a clam season here in my place. What I mean with "calm" is that It's not rainy and not hot as well. On the average, the rainy season here in the Philippines starts on May up to January and the hot weather starts from February to April.

Last edited:
It finally started snowing here. The snow's pretty, but I prefer not to have it. I prefer the warmer weather that we were having. I hate the cold. LOL

Gosh. I hate ice. We had an icy winter about 10 years ago where we had similar weather as you're seeing. Ice, Freezing Rain, then Snow, and then Ice on top. I hope I never see that weather ever again. And I hope you don't either! Stay safe, and be careful if you use candles for light as they're so easy to knock over and start a fire.

Winter arrived here this week and it's now cold and windy as it should be in January.

Right now, it's a clam season here in my place. What I mean with "calm" is that It's not rainy and not hot as well. On the average, the rainy season here in the Philippines starts on May up to January and the hot weather starts from February to April.

I was in the Phillipine Islands during the early 1980's and you have a beautiful country. While we're complaining about the cold, you're sitting there in comfortable temperatures arounf 75 deg F with no threat of snow. During the few times I was in the PI, I don't think it was ever unconfortably hot out.

It is the middle of January and those of us that live in on the east coast have been experiencing a warmer than normal winter until the last couple of days. The last couple of days has brought us some cold weather and a dusting of snow this morning with a chance of some more light snow tomorrow. My favorite temperature would be low 70's with a light breeze.

*yay* for us! The temps didn't get as cold as expected and instead of snow, it came as rain. Things are actually better now because the rain melted off some of the remaining ice!

You must have sent the snow our way. It's snowing now and I was hoping to have a snow free winter. I like snow mind you. It makes everything nice and clean looking, and builds up the water table which is good for our well.

But snow makes work for me to shovel and all of the drivers around here that are in a hurry don't slow down for anything -- including the snow. I'm not a slowpoke and do my 10+ miles per hour over the speed limit but that doesn't matter for the professional tailgaters if I was going 30+ over. They're never satisfied no matter how fast you go nor what the weather or road conditions are. Those are my chief gripes about snow.

I'll take now anytime over ice. I hate ice storms and the mess they create with our trees. I'm sure there are lots of people in places with droughts that would love to get snow and ice. :)

Back