What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seen any good movies lately?

S

sarahlorrain

This past weekend, we watched
An Unfinished Life
Thank you for Smoking
The Family Stone
We liked An Unfinished Life very much, but didn't like the other two at all! I love hearing movie reccomendations..anyone?

I saw THank you For Smoking. it was great..but I have been wanting to see eragon, has anyone seen it yet? if so...does a dragon die? then I might not want to see it. but I read the book and loved it. I just need someone to want to go with me to see it ...I saw Night at the Museum it was too funny

I watched Smallville's 5th Season last night.Still have to go far to finish the sixth season.Prior to that, I was able to spend time for "DOA", and "D.E.B.S." . Try to watch the last one, it's quite intriguing.

We rarely get to watch movies. I guess I should say we just rarely watch movies - we COULD, but choose not to most of the time...

anyways - I know it's old, but we got "The Breakup" as a Christmas gift and finally watched it. It was MUCH better than I'd expected. It was actually pretty funny.

I watch a lot of movies. I think I watch 2 movies in one week. I also have a huge DVD collection. It's my little addiction.

The last movie I watched was Music & Lyrics. The movie was fun and interesting. I'd recommend it to people who like bubblegum flicks.

I love The Italian Job, just saw it last week. <3 Mini Coopers

We rented Borat and The Departed. Both I thought were really good. The Departed was a lot different than I expected. Borat I thought was HILARIOUS - but could be offensive to some people!

Borat is one of the funniest movies ive seen in a while. I wouldnt mind watching it again

A friend of mine sent me this link:

The Secret - Order Your Own Copy of The Secret DVD

to purchase The Secret - so I purchased the DVD and the book. I had seen it on Oprah - it's very "eye-opening"! So now a few of my friends all have it and we are going to try it and see what happens. I had a hard time finding it in the store but we found this link and we were able to get both. We are going to try this for 30 to 60 days and see what happens - I'll keep you posted!

for sure, let us know how it goes. People have sworn by "the secret", so I'm curious to get a first hand critique.

Well I received my copies (DVD and book) this past Friday. And I have watched it every day - and I am reading the book as well. The book follows the movie and reinforces the DVD. Each time I watch it - it seems like there is something else that I am picking up from it. I think that's a good thing. Hopefully it will all sink in so that I can have positive results with this. And in the reading I am picking up bits and pieces of more.

It's only been since Friday but something did happen that was nice and sort of unexpected. But I will try not to count my chickens before they hatch - if you know what I mean.

But I will continue to watch it each day - tonight I am going to try to watch it before going to bed - maybe that will help it to sink in more and I won't have an episode of CSI Miami on my mind before going to bed!!!

I just recently saw Rocky Balboa and Norbit at the theater. They were both good. I really want to rent The departed and Borat. I have heard that both are good. Has anyone seen ****** Royale? I heard that was a good movie as well.

My husband's aunt was talking about ****** royale yesterday and said she really liked it. But my BIL said he wasn't such a big fan....*shrug* so, I dunno.

We (meaning "I") really hate going to the theater, so we don't go very often. The last time I went was to take hubby to see Batman for his birthday. I was pregnant at the time and got sick to my stomach from all of the movement on screen. Needless to say, I didn't really see much of the movie.

My husband's aunt was talking about ****** royale yesterday and said she really liked it. But my BIL said he wasn't such a big fan....*shrug* so, I dunno.

We (meaning "I") really hate going to the theater, so we don't go very often. The last time I went was to take hubby to see Batman for his birthday. I was pregnant at the time and got sick to my stomach from all of the movement on screen. Needless to say, I didn't really see much of the movie.

Going to the movies has changed so much throughout the years. Big theater complexes with high prices and the seats are too close - no leg room - also - depending on what you want to see - if there is a younger crowd present - it's too noisy. Just lack of respect for others.

A pop/soda and a bucket of popcorn costs more than the movie ticket!!

Sometimes I thinks it's better to wait and rent or buy the DVD, pop your own popcorn, sit comfortably in your own home and enjoy the movie much better.

We usually wait for it to come out on DVD since it is so much cheaper than goign to the theater. Every once in a while thought we will go to the dollar movies or to the first showing of the movies so it is cheaper. When we go to the movies I usually have a big purse for some reason...LOL

Back