What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easy and Delicious Lasagna

P

pinkperson

My husband loves lasagna. So I'm planning to cook lasagna for him this coming Valentines Day. I am looking for recipes for special lasagna. This is a special occassion and I also want to cook special lasagna for him. Hope you can share a easy and delicious recipe. Thanks

White Lasagna

12 lasagna noodles
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 cups broccoli, chopped
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
1 bunch green onions, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced fine
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 cups low fat or skim milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese, part skim milk
1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded

Cook lasagna noodles, drain; set aside. Preheat oven to 375F. Heat oil in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium high heat until hot. Add broccoli, chicken, onions and garlic. Saute 7 minutes; set aside. Place flour in a medium saucepan. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cook 5 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Add half of the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in spinach. Reserve 1/2 cup of spinach mixture for top layer of casserole and set aside. Combine cottage cheese, mozzarella and Swiss cheese; stir well. Spread 1/2 cup spinach mixture in the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 lasagna noodles over spinach mixture in dish; top with half of cottage cheese mixture, half of broccoli mixture and half of remaining spinach mixture. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread reserved 1/2 cup spinach mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan mixture. Cover and bake for 35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Ooooh! One of my very favorite foods! LOL Thanks for the recipe. I will definately have to try it. :)

Back