What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favorite pie?

P

pinkperson

I like chocolate peanut butter pie. My mom customize her original recipe. I just don't know how she do it. All I know is how to eat it. I really love it! I also like fruit filled pie. Meat pies also tastes good. Even the ones available in fast food.

Ok pinkperson - YOU can make anything you want!

Here's a couple PB Pie recipes for you to try - and I want you to make them an tell me how they turned out!

YOU CAN DO IT!

Peanut Butter Icebox Pie

3 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 c. confectioners sugar
1/3 c. crunchy peanut butter
9 oz. Cool Whip
graham cracker crust

Blend cheese and peanut butter. Add sugar; mix well. Fold in Cool Whip. Pour into pie crust. Garnish with peanuts and chill.

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Peanut Butter Icebox Pie

3 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 c. confectioners sugar
1/3 c. crunchy peanut butter
9 oz. Cool Whip
graham cracker crust

Blend cheese and peanut butter. Add sugar; mix well. Fold in Cool Whip. Pour into pie crust. Garnish with peanuts and chill.

Peanut Butter Pie

Graham ; cracker crust
1 cup powdered sugar
8 oz. Cool Whip
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup milk

Beat all ingredients except for Cool Whip, then fold in Cool Whip and pour into a graham cracker crust. Can be topped with peanuts.

apple pie, like my grandma used to make. dunno the recipe :(

I'm in the habit of saying that PECAN PIE is my all-time FAV dessert, hands-down... but when it comes to pie, I regularly taste one and then remark that it's the BEST I've ever eaten... so in the immortal words of Will Rogers, "I've never met a pie I didn't like!" (although I'm not quite as ga-ga about rhubarb as some folks are- and I'm allergic to strawberries, so I'm not able to cut rhubarb's sharpness with the sweet berries to make it more paletteable for my taste... I did have a rhubarb custard pie once that I thought wasn't too bad...)

Once my Mom froze a couple of pecan pies to keep us boys out of them. Low and behold, we discovered to our pleasure, that the corn-syrup in pecan pie prevents them from actually freezing rock-hard and that frozen pecan pie is actually quite chewable and delicious! Mom normally was all for her boys gaining knowledge, but this was one discovery she'd have preferred we never learn!

Last edited:
Kevin, I do raspberry-rhubarb pie and crisp.

pinkperson, my peanut butter pie is made by simply makeing the cream pie filling that I use for banana cream, or other cream pies. While it is hot I whisk in about a cup of crunchy peanut butter, put it in a baked shell, put meringue on top, brown ----I often make a chocolate cream pie for the same meal and several people like to take a sliver of each.

Nan

Back