What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anniversary Gift Ideas

M

medako

Our wedding anniversary is coming up in the next couple of weeks and I'm looking for a good & creative (or at least original) idea for my husband. We've always gotten each other something that goes with the traditional gift material (i.e. - 1st year is paper, 2nd year is cotton, etc). Well, this year is leather or glass/crystal. Sure, I could get him a belt, wallet, shoes, etc., but that's not very fun.

Anyone have some good ideas for something a little more out of the ordinary? (I'm open to leather or glass)

How about a glass beer stein or glass etched with something special on it?

A glass picture frame with you and the little one in it for him......

I don't know if he would wear a leather vest - some men look very nice in one.

A new black leather jacket and a new harley may be a bit too expensive!

I've thought of the beer glasses (a set?), since we don't really have any nice ones. We have nice wine glasses and drinking glasses, but no pretty/nice beer glasses. I just wasn't sure if it was a good idea. I feel better with reinforcement. :)

Hey - anytime - us gals have to stick together! LOL!!!

Beer glasses do sound nice. And don't forget a leather keychain to go with it - that's something he'll use everyday!

A really nice leather brief case if he uses one would be nice. You could hint around to him that you would like a really nice leather handbag if you would enjoy one. I think the suggestion of a set of really nice beer glasses is a good idea. If he has a favorite sport team you might find some beer glasses with their team logo. You could buy a crystal frame and put a picture of you and your husband and your little one (one big happy family portrait). A handmade card telling him how happy you are and how much you love him will be great with any gift you give him. Happy Anniversary

Thanks for the suggestions aeiou. He doesn't carry a briefcase or else that would probably be a good idea. (he's the guy that's more comfy goin' to work in jeans & a t-shirt - & thankfully he's able to do it for now).

I thought about getting him team glasses and even looked into them, but I'm not sure he wouldn't like something a little more plain, you know, so they'll go with all of his teams. :)

These are the ones I'm thinking about getting right now - unless I find something else I like better.
B000B5N00G.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

Ya know, after all of this time wracking my brain about what to get him, I haven't even thought about what I might want for myself. Maybe he'll do awesome like he has in the past and get me somethin' really great. (and then make me feel like I took the easy way out with a semi-generic gift *LOL*)

I think those glasses are a great idea. I love the traditional anniversary gifts. We don't usually do anniversary gifts b/c ours is 3 weeks after Christmas, but it's still fun to know what gift goes with what year.

Back