What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

roasting chickpeas?

M

medako

A while ago I think I saw RR empty a can of chickpeas into a skillet and then just roast them up with some seasoning. She said they make a great little snack.

Has anyone ever done this or even tried them? I have a few cans in the cabinet and was wondering what I could do with them.

A bit of oil, any seasoning you want and a can of well-drained chick peas is a good snack. Toast lightly in the pan and if you want - slide them in the oven for a bit to crunch-up a bit.

I love chick peas - especially in salads! Or even just a bowl of drained chick peas with oil, vinegar and seasonings!

Make a hummus - mash a drained can of chick peas, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, about 2 T. olive oil, salt, pepper, about 2 T. water, some toasted sesame seeds and minced garlic - process until smooth - use as a dip for crackers, pita bread, veggies, etc.

I might give them a try tonight. We'll see if hubby turns his nose up at them or not.

I am again a chickpeas fan so I like it just about anyway.
But I think a dash of lemon juice is an almost must with chickpeas.
The combination just goes very well.
I also add some onion and coriander/parsley to it.

I ended up roasting them in a skillet with some salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper and then tossing them into the oven for a few minutes.

I snacked on those things all night!

I ended up roasting them in a skillet with some salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper and then tossing them into the oven for a few minutes.

I snacked on those things all night!

This sounds pretty simple to toss up especially when I don't feel like working too hard. I guess I should also give it a try sometime. Thanks Medako.

Back