What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peeling garlic

F

foodlover

Before using garlic, you can soak garlic cloves in warm water for 5 minutes. This will help to quickly peel off the garlic skin. Roasting the garlic lightly without oil on a pan also helps in peeling off easily.

This tip will come in handy for me as I cook Indian food and Indian food uses a lot of garlic in every form -- battered garlic, sliced garlic, whole garlic cloves and garlic paste.

Garlic peels easily with a good firm "thump" of the side of a knife.

This tip will come in handy for me as I cook Indian food and Indian food uses a lot of garlic in every form -- battered garlic, sliced garlic, whole garlic cloves and garlic paste.

Wow! Delicious. I think I'll like Indian food.

O/T: Are you from India.

Wow! Delicious. I think I'll like Indian food.

O/T: Are you from India.

I am sure you will do. My mom cooks a lamb curry with the whole pod of garlic in it, yes without peeling it. That is the way it's supposed to be cooked.
When you want to have it, you should take out the softened garlic from the peel on your plate and have it. I tell you, it's the most amazing thing I have had in life.

Yum! I have never tasted Indian food ever. If you consider chicken curry Indian then that's about it.

I actually dream of visiting India someday. I'm sure I'll be happy because of the delicious food!

Great tips! We go through a lot of garlic here. Sometimes it can be such a pain to have to peel a lot of it. I've never had garlic that wasn't peeled. That is different to me. We will have to try it that way.

My mom doesn't really peel off the garlic. Because in our are we don't really chop the garlic but instead pound it using a mortar and pestle. It's a lot faster to do. Once you have pounded the garlic the peels loosen up on their own and you just have to pick them out of the way.

I usually pound mine with the knife like Medako said, then the skin just falls right off.

Back