What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sweet n Sour sauce please?

S

sweetnsour

I have been looking for an easy to make recipe of sweet n sour sauce which I can store in the refrigerator and use later to toss up a quick meal like sweet n sour chicken or prawns. Can anyone share one please?

Sweet and Sour Sauce

A quick and easy recipe that can be poured over a dish or used as a dipping sauce.

Yields about 1/2 cup

INGREDIENTS:

1/3 cup white or rice vinegar
4 TB brown sugar
1 TB ketchup
1 tsp soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 4 teaspoons water

Mix the vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce together and bring to a boil in a small pot. Mix together the cornstarch and water, add to the other ingredients and stir to thicken.

(If desired, you can add 1 green pepper, cut into chunks, and pineapple chunks as desired after adding the cornstarch. For a thicker sauce, increase the cornstarch to 4 teaspoons while keeping the water constant.)

Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe

A quick and easy recipe that can be poured over a dish or used as a
dipping sauce.

Ingredients
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons tomato paste
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon oil

Mixture
2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with water

Directions:
Mix the vinegar, sugar, tomato paste, and water together well. Place
in a small pot and bring to a boil. Mix together the cornstarch and
water, add to the other ingredients and stir to thicken. Stir in the
oil.

(If you like you can add 1 green pepper, cut into chunks, and
pineapple chunks as desired after adding the cornstarch)

SWEET & SOUR SAUCE

Copycat recipe for McDonalds sweet and sour sauce. It is pretty close to the real thing.

¼ c. peach preserves
¼ c. apricot preserves
2 T. light corn syrup
5 t. white vinegar
1 ½ t. cornstarch
½ t. soy sauce
½ t. yellow mustard
1/8 t. garlic powder
2 T. water

Combine all ingredients except water in food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Pour into small saucepan over medium heat. Add water, stir and bring mixture to boil; boil 5 minutes, stirring often. When thickened, remove from heat and allow to cool. Store in refrigerator.

Thanks a ton!! I don't know what to say, I am so thankful to you.
Just a small clarification, is cornflour the same as cornstarch?

I have a recipe for sweet n sore vegetables may be you could get some idea there. Just check my thread name sweet n sour veggies.
Hope it helps. You can also use chicken with the vegetables.

Back