What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you like your Tacos?

S

sweetnsour

Do you like them soft or crispy? What filling do you mostly take? My favorite tacos are the chicken tacos with very spicy salsa, some corn and lots of cheese. I love them crispy at chipotle and soft at taco bell.

I prefer soft-shell - more on the mild side but once in a while I like them hotter; beef is my #1 choice but I experiment with all different types of fillings and sauces.

most of the time I prefer a soft shell with a little meat (beef or chicken) and LOTS of veggies and sauces. Usually the spicier the better :)

most of the time I prefer a soft shell with a little meat (beef or chicken) and LOTS of veggies and sauces. Usually the spicier the better :)

Agree completely with you on the spicy part.
For me it is not just tacos, almost everything seems to be that way. The spicier the better. I love hot n spicy food.

I like them crispy with lots of cheese and a dash of tabasco.
Yes farly simple compared to other people's choices but they are really good to taste.

I am a Chipotle fan myself and like their tacos both soft and crispy.
Only thing is that I don't find them filling enough when compared to burritos though they are priced the same.

I prefer soft shell. It's tastier and easier to eat.

I don't like the crispy tacos.

My favorite is actually neither, it is an indian taco. You have the fry bread, pinto beans, hamburger seasoned with garlic, salt, and pepper, and then your veggies and cheese. This is a mild way to make them.

My favorite is actually neither, it is an indian taco. You have the fry bread, pinto beans, hamburger seasoned with garlic, salt, and pepper, and then your veggies and cheese. This is a mild way to make them.

So, it's a different type of taco?

Anyway, this sounds delish. I think I'll be enjoying Indian food. I got to find more recipes.

What is this Indian taco? what is it called in India?Are you talking about rolls?
And what are pinto beans by the way?

sweetnsour - she's not talking about an Indian (from India) taco. Indian, in this case, refers to Native American. And goodness, can they make a taco. :) If only that fry bread weren't so bad for you!

mmmm.....indian tacos & meat pies.....yummmm.....

sweetnsour - she's not talking about an Indian (from India) taco. Indian, in this case, refers to Native American. And goodness, can they make a taco. :) If only that fry bread weren't so bad for you!

mmmm.....indian tacos & meat pies.....yummmm.....

Thanks medako for the clarification. I keep forgetting Indian could refer to two things!

It really depends on what type of meat. If they are ground beef tacos then we will fry a few corn torillas for crispy shells. If it is carne asada tacos we only use soft corn tortillas. Flour torillas are for the chicken tacos. We love to load the tacos with lots of veggies and lots of hot salsa. At times we will also put refried beans in the tacos as well.

for those of you that use corn tortillas...how do you keep them from cracking? I've heated them in a tortilla warmer and it seems like every time I fold or roll them they basically crumble. Am I doing something different than you?

I found a way around that - I just stuff and eat! LOL - Corn tortillas are just too fragile to play with! I like those filled with seasoned beef and topped with lettuce, tomato and cheese.

Although I must admit - I made a taco salad one day and I did not have any flour tortillas to use as a shell so I made the salad and broke corn tortillas all over it.

I hate the indian taco, it's just too much for me. I like both soft shell and hard shell tacos. I like to have it with a little extra meat, cheese, lettuce, and hot sauce.

I like hard and soft tacos and usually eat both when we do have them. I just put the basics on mine - tomatoes, lettuce ,and I put tons of cheese on mine! I also LOVE the Ortega taco sauce. It's the best taco sauce I've ever had. Actually, I just love the Ortega brand, period! :)

Back