What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Left-over fish

S

sweetnsour

What do you usually do with left over food in particular.
Do you make something out of it or just toss it in the bin?
Is it okay to recook left over fish?

Also, let me know if there are any potential dangers of food poisoning known to anyone.

You could make cakes out of the left-over fish by using some eggs, minced green onions, minced red bell peppers, lemon juice, bread crumbs, mayonnaise and cayenne pepper.
Shred the fish with a fork. Use eggs for coating & bread crumbs for rolling before frying

Fish is fine to eat as leftovers, as long as it's eaten in a timely manner. And like most meats, making a new dish out of the leftovers isn't too hard.

* make into tacos
* crumble over a salad
* make into a spread, like tuna salad

I generally don't use left-over fish for preparing a new dish all over.
If something is left, I just put it in the refrigerator and have it within a maximum of two days.

I'm fussy about fish - if there is any leftover it gets refrigerated immediately and then warmed to the proper temp the next day - or it's trashed! But then again - any leftovers get trashed the next day if they don't get eaten.

Hmmm...from what I can understand from the responses trashing the left-over fish looks like a better thing to do.
May be I just need to learn to cook the right amount :(

Back