What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indian rice salad

S

spicekit

1cup Long Grain (Basmati) boiled Rice
1Apples diced
1small cup boiled green peas
Few Cauliflower florets boiled
1 lemon juice
salad leaves to garnish
Cabbage (shredded) for garnishing
salt & pepper to taste

* Boil & cool the rice
* In cool rice add apples, green peas, cauliflower florets, salt and pepper.
* Now add lemon juice and toss well and transfer to serving dish lined with salad leaves.
* Garnish rice salad with shredded cabbage and coriander leaves.

I have had this in the past in an Indian restaurant near home.
I think they also used a few slices of pineapple in that.
This salad is really unique and tastes great.

I have had this in the past in an Indian restaurant near home.
I think they also used a few slices of pineapple in that.
This salad is really unique and tastes great.

Yes, there could be many variations to this. So, you are free to experiment with whatever you like. Another common this used is pomegranate seeds.
They add taste & color to the salad.

Sounds yummy! I am a rice lover. So have a variety of rice dishes but haven't tried a rice salad yet! Thanks for the recipe!

Thanks for the recipe. Indeed not that much fond of rice but loves Indian.

Sounds yummy! I am a rice lover. So have a variety of rice dishes but haven't tried a rice salad yet! Thanks for the recipe!
Hi,
foodlover
I agree with you and think that this recipe of rice salad is indeed great .I wonder if somebody don't like it.

i agree with you piyush....iam in the process of reducing my rice intake ...it does add some unwanted carbs to ur body ;)

indian salad

Indian salad contains a lot of variety.
it includes the good and the testy spices in it.
well Indian salads are mainly consisted of the vegetable, curd and the cream. which is flavored with the Indian spices itself like menthol and the extra spices.
they are good for health.
good for digestion and good for the digestive system.
they are yummy in taste and they do come in lots of variety.
i like them.

Welcome to SpicePlace, Princieprakash.

Why not post a few other examples of Indian salads? And other foods as well, on the appropriate forums. Lots of people here enjoy Indian influenced foods and are always looking for new ideas.

And, of course, you are more than welcome to join other discussions as well.

Back