What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pet Peeves

M

medako

What are some of your biggest pet peeves?

For some reason, yesterday was one of those days and it seemed like everything was getting on my nerves. I realized that a few of my pet peeves might be slightly irrational.

• crunching/chewing ice
  • tv commercials with bad audio - the ones that "hiss" when they say S's or sounds like they're spitting with T's
  • commercials that are 10 times louder than the program you're watching
  • people that don't return personal emails in a timely manner - or at all.
  • people asking me a quesetion and then talking over me or ignoring me while I answer
  • people cancelling plans at the last minute

I'm sure there are plenty more, but those are at the top of my list this morning.

OMG! sorry but I had to laugh! I cannot stand TV commercials that are louder than the program you are watching either! Also - I cannot stand these commercials for every dang sickness and drug - cripe - if you have a day where you are not feeling well you begin to have every symptom they are mentioning! Lawyer commercials should be banned! male enhancement procuts and irth control options - should be banned. And these cash cows that keep telling us that if we have a structured settlement they will cash us out now because our money will not be worth the same amount in the future. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the dollar is shrinking more and more as time goes on! Also - feminine hygiene products should be banned. Don't try to listen to the TV while eating - it'll turn your stomach! No wonder I prefer to watch DVD's - no commercials at all - no sickness, no meds, no male enhancement or stayfree!

Years ago it was cruex for jock itch - like I want to hear about crotch rot while I'm eating! And it's only gotten worse!

awww...you mean you don't like "Smilin' Bob" or those "his driver's license says he's 41, but I think he's 18 again" commercials?? I just don't get it. Doesn't everyone want to watch ads for male enhancement products with their children?

Why don't we add those hair replacement type things too. I love how they say "I can even swim with my new hair". ummm...I dont' think the hair made you swim, and I'm pretty sure the lack thereof didn't keep you from knowing how to swim. (same goes for tampons *sigh*)

LOL - like Cathy Rigby on a balance beam in a WHITE leotard advertising pads! Yeah - right! Those leotards show everything! Bob should be shot - in public - repeatedly for everyone to see with the Cheshire grin on his face! And I cannot stand that creepy little lizard on the Geico comercials! I would love to step on him and squish the guts rightout of him! Someone should grab him by the tail and either stick him in a blender at high speed or deredge him in flour and fry his tail!

Another thing - I'm "mature" (not bad for an ol' bag!!) and I do not like today's cartoons! What ever happened to Popeye, Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Beany and Cecil, etc.??

OH! Cartoons drive me nuts anymore! Can there not be a cartoon that's fun and not about saving the world from monsters or robots? It scares me to think that these are the cartoons that my child(ren) is going to grow up with. Someone needs to bring back some Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Smurfs (I LOVED the Smurfs!), etc. Apparently these cartoon people don't think they should be funny anymore. :(

I really have to agree with both of you about what is really annoying on TV these days. I swear the pharmaceutical companies make up a disease one minute and then the next they have the miracle pill to cure the disease and just to complete the circle the lawyers commercial claiming the little miracle pill has hurt you and you can get rich suing the pharmaceutical company. On top of that they all are screaming at you. Jacking up the volume of commercials should be completely banned. I feel like I spend all my time turning the volume up and down when watching regular TV, that is why I also watch many DVDs.

I think my pet peeves are people not returning calls or emails. As well I have to agree with you about the commericals. The other night the hubby and I were watching SPike TV with our teenager and a commercial came on about their late night shows and how sexy they are. Well geez, I don't think that I want my 14 year old to know what will be on there late night shows.

My biggest pet peeves are ashtrays, disrespectful kids, also the commercials that were already mentioned, and also the cartoons mentioned. I hate these new cartoons!

Gosh these are good, but I have another one to add to it....."Cry-Baby" hubbies who CLAIM to have a high thresh hold for pain yet whine constantly when they are in pain....what's a woman to do!?!?!?! And show sympathy and try to let 'em know you care and my goodness they turn it on another 100%....is there no end to a sick man's whinning?

What are some of your biggest pet peeves?

For some reason, yesterday was one of those days and it seemed like everything was getting on my nerves. I realized that a few of my pet peeves might be slightly irrational.

• crunching/chewing ice
  • tv commercials with bad audio - the ones that "hiss" when they say S's or sounds like they're spitting with T's
  • commercials that are 10 times louder than the program you're watching
  • people that don't return personal emails in a timely manner - or at all.
  • people asking me a quesetion and then talking over me or ignoring me while I answer
  • people cancelling plans at the last minute

I'm sure there are plenty more, but those are at the top of my list this morning.

Last edited:
I couldnt agree more with all of these..including Cathy's!

I would add people who smack their lips together when they eat. Jon's stepdad does that and you can hear him eating at the other end of the house. My Mom had a sister who did that and it drives me nuts.
People who blow their nose at the dinner table. Alot of people do that in restaurants.

I see this one alot at family get togethers. If one of them has something else to say and someone else is talking they just talk right over them and cut them off. That is so rude.
I hate the cartoons they show today. Some of that stuff on Nick is just strange.

Oh Janie that one about smacking when you eat THAT drives me nuts... GROSS How horribly nasty and rude!!! I knew a guy like that once and I literally grew to hate him because he was so grotesque, no matter how politely I would drop hints it went right over his head and never made an impact, at social functions people would literally stop eating and glance his way in wonderment! Needless to say that relationship ended abruptly:D I always wondered what parent would not teach a child not to smack when they eat? But then I went to have dinner with his family and YEP you guessed it there was his Dad smacking away at the table! Everyone in the family was oblivious, I was repulsed! So glad I broke that one off, it would be obnoxious to have to hear that for a lifetime:rolleyes:

Back