What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from NJ

G

grammynj

I am new to this site & am trying to get the hang of posting.
I love to cook, paint, & spend time with my family.

Hi grammynj! Welcome to the forums! The people here are wonderful! They are always willing to jump in and help with any food help, ideas, or recipes you would need! I'm looking forward to seeing posts from you! :D

Yes, welcome to the site! Glad to have you aboard, I have been absent for a little bit but I am back in action. So come and post

Hi grammynj!

Welcome to the forum.

Tell us about what you paint! Do you paint pictures of people or landscapes? It sounds really interesting to me and must take a lot of patience to learn.

Matt

Welcome grammynj. You mentioned that you like to cook, what is your favorite dish to make for you and your family? I like to make homemade chicken matzo ball soup especially when I am not feeling well. It just seems to make me feel better.

painting from nj

Matt,
I will paint anything that does not move. I love to paint in oils or acrylics - on wood, tin, canvas, whatever. It gives me great pleasure. When the (6) grandchildren were small I painted sweatshirts, jeans, jackets, etc. I have even painted by special request.
I like painting still life, snowscenes, whatever.....I think you get the picture.
Thanks for asking & everyone should try painting.
Grammynj

Hi Grammynj!
Do you have any pictures of your work? I'm not artistically inclined myself and admire those that have that talent. My father always messed with stuff like carving on rocks and things, when I grew up but he didn't really do too much (because he had to raise us, I suppose). After he retired he went to the local college art school for free, and made a lot of nice things.

Matt

Hi again grammynj, have you every painted a bird house gourd? I have a friend that paints bird house gourds. She painted a gourd for my husband and I that was a picture of our log home in the woods. It is absolutely beautiful.

AEIOU
I have never painted a gourd bird house, however I have dried & painted long neck gourds (large ones), they resemble geese. Kinda neat

Back