What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fruit and vegatable carving

L

loubear

Has anyone every made a fruit or vegetable bouquet? I made one for my mom's
birthday and it turned out great but I would like to try a vegetable carving basket, does anyone have any tips on vegetable carving and what kind of tools to use?:confused:

What types of fruit and vegetables did you use for the bouquet? Was it hard. There is a company in my area that does this for parties and birthdays. I often wondered how difficult it was.

I have never actually heard of one before is there another name for it maybe?

My mom made a watermelon basket with a fruit salad inside. It turned out really good. She had a book on fruit/vegetable carving though and that is where she got the pattern/ideas.

I used cantaloupe, honey dew melon, oranges, and strawberries, star fruit it was a lot of fun and I made another one today for an office breakfast we did for the doctors I work for. Oh yeah, I also used pineapple and made flowers.

Ok so they are like fruit trays are something right ? But done in basket and usually great for parties and showers

Wow you are very talented LouBear. I don't think that I would be able to do that. I love fruit so I would eat it before I could even carve it.

Back