What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what would be fun to make with 3 y/o

Pizza is a good food to have them help with. They are able to spread the sauce and add their favorite toppings. Anything that has to be stired. My children loved stiring what ever it was in the pot.

don't foget - peanut blossom cookies - they love to place the candy kiss on the cookie!

and they love to decorate cookies, cupcakes, etc.

three shakes of salt or pepper on a salad, side dish etc. also teaches counting

and they love to set the table! it may take longer than usual - but they like that

emptying an opened can of beans or olives into a dish is a big help (at least they think so) and if you mix beans and dressings for a salad - they like to stir it up

and they like to make their own lunchables - using cookie cutters to cut cheese, ham, bologna, etc.

My 3 y/o loves to help me make salad, toast, she helps whip the eggs for scrambled eggs. We made sugar cookies also and she helped roll the dough and used the cookie cutters to cut them out.

You can ask them to make bread, cup cakes, gingerbread men, biscuits, fairy bread

I think there's room for a child's help with any meal. There's always something that needs dumped into a bowl or stirred up. :)

And of course, cookies and stuff are always fun to make and then eat :)

and don't forget to praise the beauty of the table when they have helped to set it! it may be "short" a few things - but they work hard at it and thanks and praise are always appreciated - you see it in their beautiful smiles and when they pump up their little chests because they are proud to help

These are all wonderful ideas! We are going to make homemade pizzas this weekend when her daddy comes home from training for a new job. :)

Thanks everyone!

Pizza is a good food to have them help with. They are able to spread the sauce and add their favorite toppings. Anything that has to be stired. My children loved stiring what ever it was in the pot.

I would definitely agree with that! It also unleashes their creativity you know with arranging the colors on their pizza or how it would look or something. Another is burgers, they can be in charge of putting it together adding the mayo and the other veggies. You can also try making cookies with them, which is fun to do if you have these wonderful cookie cutters. Or a bowl of fruit salad which is really mixing ingredients and they gotta choose which ones goes in the mixture or something.

Back