What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who does the most cooking in your house?

C

chefdiva

My boyfriend and I would want to equally share the responsibility of cooking, coz there are a lot of times where one of us may cook all the meals for a while but we usually work that out through a schedule. But I am really not keen to cooking so much so that in the end he's still the one who makes most of the cooking. How about in your house?

I do most of the cooking, but with the weather turning nicer, DH likes to grill as well. That's a nice change and gives me a break. :)

My husband did most of the cooking until he changed jobs... now I do most of it. I'm enjoying it! I've used several recipes from this website actually since I wasn't a huge cooker prior and my family loves it.

I do all of the cooking....unless it's a bowl of cereal, and hubby can usually handle that on his own.

My Dh does most of the cooking since I don't get home until much later than him. He loves to cook. However he can never decide what to make.

I do most of the cooking. But that's because I get home earlier than my husband. He doesn't mind cooking, so on rare occasions I let him. He turns the whole thing into a production, though. It takes him forever and he uses every pan in the kitchen and dinner is really late when he fixes it. He can't seem to multitask. One dish at a time. It's just easier if I do it.

I pretty much do all the cooking. I love to cook though; so to me it's not any kind of hardship.

Once when I was on bedrest after surgery I wanted a grilled cheese and DH said he didn't know how to make one? Now really, who can't make a grilled cheese sandwich?

I used to think my husband was totally useless in the kitchen (and for the most part, he is). But after I had the kiddo, I couldn't hardly move out of bed, so most of the cooking fell on him. I'd made up several casserole type meals and frozen ahead of time, and he did just fine with heating those. But he also surprised me a few times and make quesadillas, tacos, and a few other things until I could get back on my feet.

Of course, now that I'm plenty mobile now, he looks at the kitchen like it's a foreign planet.

I still do most of the cooking, but he is getting better at it. He's getting more comfortable now with heating up pre-made meals; he used to not even do that. He grills a fair amount and I can get him to help me by chopping things.

Not long ago we were having a party and I asked him to help me by making the sausage balls. Of course, all that involves is putting some sausage, Bisquick and cheese in a bowl and mixing with your hands. He wasn't a fan. ;)

Texas, your husband isn't the only one. Mine would be totally grossed out of he has to get his hands in raw meat. Of course, it's okay for me to do it.

LOL - amazing how men will touch anything - but they can touch raw meat, clean the innards out of a chicken or ripped the skin off chicken pieces! Sometimes I wonder if it's an act to get out of doing it or if it really does gross them out.

I think it's just an act most of the time. My husband doesn't even like to take out scraps and dump because all of the old food is mixed. *insert eyeroll here*

Oh I know! That is so funny. My husband hunts and he will clean a deer (GROSS!) or a fish, but heaven forbid to get hands dirty in the kitchen!

I think it's just an act most of the time. My husband doesn't even like to take out scraps and dump because all of the old food is mixed. *insert eyeroll here*

OMG - how hysterical!!! Does he know what it all looks like in his stomach after a meal and dessert!!!! OMG! LMAO!! I hate to tell him this - but it's no different! Plus some foods digest faster than others so there has to be some "old stuff" in there as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband is an awesome cook. He cooked most of the time until I got layed off recently and now I am cooking more than usual now. We just purchased an new barbecue grill so I guess he will be trying to cook everything possible on the grill. lol

My husband is an awesome cook. He cooked most of the time until I got layed off recently and now I am cooking more than usual now. We just purchased an new barbecue grill so I guess he will be trying to cook everything possible on the grill. lol

There is so much you can cook on the grill - all your meats, fish/seafood, pizza, veggies, fruits and even desserts!

I do all of the cooking at our house. It isn't that my hubby can't cook but says why should I eat something medioker that I cook when you'res tastes soo much better. He is spoiled. But that is how I like him!

I do the bulk of the cooking but my teen sons cook about twice a week. They are simple meals - pasta & sauce, grilled cheese sandwiches & soup, omelets - but I appreciate it and they enjoy it.

I do all the cooking in my home. Granted, my five year old is learning, but he's a far cry from a full blown meal.

Hi Hektor,
I am proud you let your 5 yr. old in the kitchen! I was never allowed as a child to cook or even watch, it made my Mom nervous to have us in the way! I know my 8 yr old loves to cook, not beacuse of the cooking but because we are doing it together! And at that age they love the learning process! I can only imagine these little ones will grow up with a natural talent for cooking and cleaning, it will be second nature to them and they will think of it as really no big deal! My hat is off to you!
Happy Thanksgiving, Cathy

Back