What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kitchen Essentials

C

chefdiva

If one of your tasks was to provide you daughter with a List of Kitchen Essentials,what would you put on that list? I am thinking in terms of food stuffs, pantry items like seasoning mixes, spices, etc .
I will start the list off with milk,eggs,bread and butter . Nothing is more frustrating than to have one of these things missing when you want to cook or even have a snack.

I keep some basics on hand so that I can put together a quick dinner in a hurry:

Ground beef, tortillas, cheese, salsa (for quesadillas)
Ground beef, rice/pasta, cream of mushroom soup (for beef stroganoff)
Canned veggies that I can make into soup
Pasta, tomato paste, seasonings (for spaghetti & sauce)

There are some others. I try to be creative with meals and usually plan for them and shop weekly, but I try to keep things like the above on hand for emergencies or if I don't feel like cooking what I've planned.

The basic spices: thyme, oregano, marjoram, garlic, cumin

Butter and cooking oil
Pasta
Frozen veggies
Ground beef - I always have a pound or two in the freezer
Flour
Sugar
Rice

I think I'm the "kitchen essential!" Without me the pantry would not be as well stocked and organized. LOL

food essentials in my house

rice/pasta noodles
grated cheese
milk/eggs/bread
cream soups
frozen veggies
chicken breasts
ground meat
tortillas
salsa
canned tomatoes (diced, crushed, sauces)
flour/sugar/baking soda/baking powder
basic spices (salt, pepper, basil, italian herb blend)

I keep a lot on hand.
garlic powder
onion powder
sage
thyme
rosemary
sea salt
black pepper
johnny's seasoning salt (for youngsters) I don't use this anymore but its good stuff
Picante sauce
sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese
shredded jack cheese
butter
eggs
sugar
flour
extra virgin olive oil
canned, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, great northern beans, tomato sauce, corn, green beans, peas and peas and carrots
onions
tomatoes
lettuce
and a few different salad dressings
I forgot tortillas corn and flour

I told ya I keep a lot on hand. LOL

Back