What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm at a lost of what to cook

C

chefdiva

I don't make a weekly menu planner maybe that's why most of the time I'm lost on what to cook on our next meal and my husband is a bit picky in foods, any suggestions then??

My suggestion would be to plan menus weekly which you say you currently do not do. I don't have a lot of time to shop and cook, so staying organized is essential. I usually plan a week's worth of meals over the weekend and shop for what I need; then we will be set for the week. I also sometimes try to do some prep as well, to save time on the weekdays.

I agree planning is key. The weeks I plan menus, it goes really smoothly. When I don't, I always find myself floundering trying to figure out what to fix and there never seem to be the right ingredients in the house.

If you really have that much trouble coming up with meal ideas, then planning is key. Once you start to do it for a while you'll just know the ingredients you need for the meals and won't have to have a set plan in place.

I rarely ever plan meals in advance. When I shop I have my basic list which includes all of the ingredients for meals I generally prepare. But it's taken me a while to get to this point.

We need to start planning in our house as well. My husband never knows what to cook when he gets home. Then he will call me 20 times to ask if I want him to make this or make that.

I know what I am going to cook for the week, it 's just that I am bored with cooking what I have been cooking. IT seems like the same old. I bought porkchops on sale, hamburger, and some chicken this week. I just can't think of an interesting way to fix any of it.

Tired of the dinner blues

I know what I am going to cook for the week, it 's just that I am bored with cooking what I have been cooking. IT seems like the same old. I bought porkchops on sale, hamburger, and some chicken this week. I just can't think of an interesting way to fix any of it.
Come check out my selection of digital cookbooks to find the answer to your question Many titles including 300 chicken recipes, 101 chinese recipes and many more You will also find a great porkchop recipe posted in the forum on the site
Mamajena

Removed URL for spam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your site looks spammy with pop ups and the moderators here ought to remove your url.

Your site looks spammy with pop ups and the moderators here ought to remove your url.
Hey I am new at this and don't appreciate your nasty comment. Yes I have a pop up on my page so what They are all over the net. IF you are such an expert why don't you try constructive critizism instead of attacking my site. I will not be back here the people are not nice :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mamajena

Hey I am new at this and don't appreciate your nasty comment. Yes I have a pop up on my page so what They are all over the net. IF you are such an expert why don't you try constructive critizism instead of attacking my site. I will not be back here the people are not nice :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mamajena

so sorry to hear that mamjena - but I have to say this - if this were my site I would not allow anyone to advertise their site either

the site administrator(s) have put a lot of time, money and energy into this site (just as others have done as well) and I don't think they should let "freeloaders" advertise their sites, blogs, etc.

anyone that wants to "freeload" should put their time, money and energy into advertising their site like those that have paid have it done

sorry to say this - but it goes for all the "spammers" out there

I don't care what others do on the net - it's not right - don't you remember when your mom would say "I don't care what other kids are doing - if they all jumped off a cliff would you do it too?"

and as far as this site not having nice people - EXCUSE ME - WE ARE NICE - WHAT YOU DID WAS NOT NICE - so maybe it is best for you to just move on - and there was nothing wrong with the way Greg handled it - you just had your feelings hurt because you can't get away with it here - poor baby

we come to this site because we don't have to put up with others that just want freebies for nothing - that is what makes this site so special

wishing you the best in your free travels

PS - every site should stop it - then what would you do????

Mamajena

Let's see, from your post count it looks like you come by here, and post one message, and that message is an ad for your site.

Perhaps you could contribute something, and then after some period of time add a link to your site. You took the short cut in my opinion.

Sorry, Mamajena, looking at it from here, anyone that posts a link to an advertising site on their first post is interested in advertising their site and not contributing too out community. I agree with Greg, and Mama.

so sorry to hear that mamjena - but I have to say this - if this were my site I would not allow anyone to advertise their site either

the site administrator(s) have put a lot of time, money and energy into this site (just as others have done as well) and I don't think they should let "freeloaders" advertise their sites, blogs, etc.

anyone that wants to "freeload" should put their time, money and energy into advertising their site like those that have paid have it done

sorry to say this - but it goes for all the "spammers" out there

I don't care what others do on the net - it's not right - don't you remember when your mom would say "I don't care what other kids are doing - if they all jumped off a cliff would you do it too?"

and as far as this site not having nice people - EXCUSE ME - WE ARE NICE - WHAT YOU DID WAS NOT NICE - so maybe it is best for you to just move on - and there was nothing wrong with the way Greg handled it - you just had your feelings hurt because you can't get away with it here - poor baby

we come to this site because we don't have to put up with others that just want freebies for nothing - that is what makes this site so special

wishing you the best in your free travels

PS - every site should stop it - then what would you do????

I love you Mama! You are just so real :)

oldbay - I learned very early in life to call a spade a spade - and what is right is right and if it ain't - fix their butts!

I'm a fifties girl - and I'm tough - gotta be in this world! LOL

(been called MAMAZILLA and BLONDZILLA as well.........)

Mama and Old bay I like the way you think also. I like the blondzilla that is cute! Anyway I do have a quiestion regarding links and such. I would like to post photos with recipes and can't find a way to do it. I usually use another website and just post a link to the photo. But can't even find a way to just add the photo to the post. Is there a way to do this? Please let me know

Okay back on topic. I can post these recipes if you want them just let me know. How about...
Beer can chicken
Barbecued Chciken Tortilla pizzas (great also for leftover chicken and quick)
Black Bean Garnachas (quick and easy tasty and good for leftover chicken)
Balsamic Chicken with White Beans and Spinach (Very Good, Rachael Ray Recipe)
Caesar Chicken Pasta
Campbell's Paprika Chicken with Sour Cream Gravy
Chicken piccata
Chicken marsala
Herbed Parmesan chicken Breasts
Tomato Beef (stir fry very tasty)
Marinated flank steak
Marinated Pork tenderloin
Overnight Meatball and pasta casserole
Winter Warm Up Beef Pot Pie
Baked Spaghetti
Pizza Di Spaghetti
Shrimp Scampi Style on Angel Hair Pasta (Rachael Ray, Very Good)
Lemon and herb salmon packets (very easy, quick, and good)
Adobe chicken wraps.
Okay I better quit. If you would like any of these recipes let me know which ones you would like and I will be glad to post them or email them to you whch ever way you would like them.

Semigourmet - the site administrator will have to answer your question about posting pictures. Many sites will not allow it because it takes up too much "room" on the site. I've got tons of pix I would love to share - but I don't want to take advantage of someone's site by using so much of their space.

as far as recipes go - please feel free to share those you would like - we all love new recipes and ideas!

Mama

I usually use a site called photo bucket and just post a link to the photo with the recipe. But not sure they will allow me to do that either. I will check with them about it. thanks for the reply

Back