What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hamburger Gravy

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
Hamburger Gravy

1/4 lb hamburger ---- milk ----- flour ----- salt and pepper

Fry hamburger, drain fat, measure back into meat 3 tbsp of hamburger fat, add 4 tbsp. flour, stir, add 2-3 cups of milk. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Serve over rice, toast, or biscuits.

Mama, I had to grin when I saw this recipe! My dad would make this for us all of the time and I absolutely love it. I didn't know people actually really knew about it! It is so easy to make and so tasty! I always put it over mashed potatoes. I'll have to try the other suggestions!

mtmomj -

Doesn't it sometimes fascinate you how some of the simplest things that we all had, are practically no-brainers but yet so many have not heard of them?

I wasn't going to post it at first - but it's good - so why not?

Even when making a meat loaf, meatballs, or hamburgers - it's nice to keep out a handful of meat to make this gravy. It's great over potatoes and you can saute onions with the meat and add mushrooms as well.

I love hamburger gravy. My mom used to make it for us at home. we ate it over potatoes.

Back