What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

summertime, summertime, sum, sum, summertime!

M

medako

The season has started! How are you celebrating??

Jack946.jpg

AWWWW - how sweet!!! He is so adorable!

Hey I remember that song!!!!

Let's see - how am I "celebrating??? hmmmmmmmmm..............

I still have to wash and iron, scrub, cook and clean, do the dishes, pots, pans, ovens and appliances after I use them, do the shopping, take care of the lawn and the outside of the house, wash the outside of the house down, do the windows, and do curtains, wash the car after I clean it out, spray around the doors so nothing crawls in, clean the lawnmower when I'm done with it, trim the hedges and bushes, trim the trees, try to stay cool and fight off humidity without air conditioning and keep the grill clean after BBQing.

And now that the kids will be out of school in the neighborhood - listen to them bouncing the basketballs and playing hockey, listening to their hard rock music that they play full blast and all their screaming, hollering and swearing till 2 am then they jump in their pools and continue hollering and splashing - hmmmmmmmmmm -

So I guess I am really "celebrating" summer - LOL!!!

Mama Mangia, don't you have anyone to help you? You need to learn to relax once in a while. The work will always be there, but summer usually only last a few months. At least here in the north it only lasts a few months. Go to an air conditioned theater and catch a movie or go shopping in an air conditioned store. You don't always have to go buying but shopping and wishing could be a lot of fun. I don't have air either but I have found a few ways to beat the heat and run away from chores until the weather cools off. Good luck and try to have some fun.

Unfortunately - I don't have anyone to help me. So summer is a bit more starining than the winter months. In the winter I only have to worry about shoveling all the snow we get - it's a bit less work and you can dress much more comfortably in the winter months - plus enjoy all your favorite meals! LOL

And the neighborhood is so much quieter!!!

I am so used to painting the inside of my house myself and all the heavy cleaning that I am used to it!

I have a feeling we're going to be spending a lot of time outside this summer. Now that Jack is old enough to really want to play outside, he can't get enough of it. He'd be out from morning til night if I let him. I don't mind right now, since the daily highs are closer to 90, but as the summer goes on, it only gets worse.

Sounds like Mama needs a margarita and a lounge chair. :)

We're celebrating by using the grill more. And also by apparently commencing the 100 degree torture of summer. :rolleyes:

I try to go out for a walk in the evenings if it isn't too hot.

Back