What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th of July

M

medako

What's on your agenda for July 4th this year? Big parties or get togethers? A day at home relaxing? Lots of food on the grill?? :D

staying home - turning up the grill and just taking it easy! I will not do the lawn that day - it can be done before or after. Grab a few good DVD's, kick back and have a quiet time.

I don't know what we'll do in terms of food this year. Probably something simple that takes little prep/cleanup.

But since Jack is older this year and he's mobile (boy, is he ever!) then we'll probably go into town for all of the festivities. We'll get him a turtle for the turtle race and then stick around for all of the egg toss, 3 legged race, tug of war, etc. Then, if I can keep hubby awake long enough, we'll go see the fireworks.

I LOVE the 4th of July! It's my most favoritest holiday. :D

I think we may just relax. We'll probably grill, but we had a big get together on Memorial Day, so we probably won't do the same again this holiday. Just a day off relaxing is sometimes the best thing.

I think DH will probably be inspired to smoke something new and different. Holidays are great for grill experimenting. :D

We are going camping and we look forward to cooking over the open fire, Barbecue chicken, potatoes, some mores yuuuuummy.

We going to have the usual steamed crabs. For some reason crabs, fresh cooked corn on the cob, and cold beer and become our perennial favorite meal on the 4th of July.

Eating crabs is this messy, social, friendly meal. They take hours to eat, everyone talks the whole time, and you get full!

Back