What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

slosh, slosh, squish, squish

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
slosh, slosh, squish, squish -

oops! sorry -

didn't mean to make so much "noise" upon my entrance!!! LOL

I am full of iced tea - geez - it's not even summer yet! And I am sloshing from it!

And if we don't get some rain soon - our farmers are not going to have any crops for us!!

Our ground is CRACKED really bad and pouring water on it just ain't helping it any.

Even the trees are starting to droop (heck I drooped a long time ago! LOL)

If you have rain or cool breezes - please send them my way - thank you!:p

I'd love to send you some of our rain. We got over 10" in May alone. There are places all around us that are flooding or close to it. But, it sure is making the crops perk - and my garden is staying nice and moist.

We were supposed to get rain today - a bird spit about 7:30 this morning - that's about the size of it - 2 drops - and it was over

our weatherman keeps telling us it's coming - but so is Christmas!!!

It is pretty dry here in Holland, Michigan also and we live right by the lake. I guess I will have to do a rain dance or something lol.

It's dry here too. I hope some thunderstorms pass by and give us a serious rain. My weeds are drooping. I see storms on the weather radar but they're small storms and I doubt they'll find me. Fingers are crossed.

Wow it's dry here in Maryland! Lets hope the season changes and we get some rain. We haven't had a real rain since March so it's feeling like we're in Southern California! Yet it gets cold here.

Wow it's dry here in Maryland! Lets hope the season changes and we get some rain. We haven't had a real rain since March so it's feeling like we're in Southern California! Yet it gets cold here.

COLD???? What's that??? LOL

I live in the snow belt - and I can't wait till it snows. This heat is unbearable. Rain is desperately needed. They keep saying rain is in the forecast - but where is the forecast?? Where did it go???

This weather is what we usually get in late July and early August - I am wondering just what it will be like then.........................

I'd still gladly send you guys some rain. We're well over 10" over the yearly average...creeks, rivers, and roads are flooding everyday. In Oklahoma City it's rained every day since June 13th!

I'd still gladly send you guys some rain. We're well over 10" over the yearly average...creeks, rivers, and roads are flooding everyday. In Oklahoma City it's rained every day since June 13th!

I'm waiting on the rain medako! ;)

heck - not only did I do a rain dance (and Texas got it) but I did a snow dance (and Johannesberg got it) -

I think I need to re-route my hip shimmies!!!! LOL

(so much for the old bump-n-grind!)

It is August and hot as you know where and we still have not had any significant rain fall all summer long here.

Hey Medako we will be glad to take some of that rain off your hands if you can send it to us on the east coast. Our farmers are really suffering this year - their corn is only about half as tall as normal and the ears are not completely filled out.

Mama I have the same problem as you - what I thought was a rain dance has instead turned out to be a dance for more heat and humidity in our area.

aeiou - I think the problem with the dancing is - we have to leave our clothes on when we do the dance! I think dancing naked to prove a point don't work! LOL JUST TEASING - I DID NOT DANCE NAKED!!! MY GOD - THE WORLD WOULD GO IN REVERSE!!!

It's even hotter now and I am drinking so much iced tea and water - and you can tell how bad it is - when all that goes in and nothing comes out! (forgive me)

Take a cold shower and you can actually see steam coming off your body! Cold showers shouldn't steam up the bathroom - but I find they steam up the whole house!!!

Even the cold water is not cold - it's warm.

And do you think you lose any weight sweating like this????? HELLNO!!!

And don't forget to add the hot flashes with it! OMG - pack me in ice!!!!! What is that called cyrogenic preservation of the body?? Stick me in an ice packed room - seal the door and wait 5 minutes - the door will burst like a dam and hot water will come out!

Dang hot flashes - why don't they hit in the winter when the chill factor is 40 degress below zero??????????????

Back