What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mt Dew Cake

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
Mt Dew Cake

1 box lemon cake mix
1 4 1/2 oz. lemon instant pudding mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 12 oz. can Mt Dew

Combine the first 4 ingredients; slowly add half of the Mt Dew. Mix; then slowly add the rest of the Mt Dew and mix. Pour into a well greased bunt pan and bake at 350 (according to pkg. directions).

you have alot of recipes, are you involed in any showcases?

I'm the cake-maker among my family and circle of friends, mama- and this sounds like a good one that I'll have to try! Thanks 4 sharing!

I Have to try this one..I never thought that I could put to things I like together and come up with a cake !! TY this is Awsome !!

This sounds right up my familie's alley - I make a 7-Up cake that they love and this is even better. Can't wait to try it.

mama, I remember making this once and loved it! This weekend I'm making Janie's "Wonderful Short Ribs" for my Mom and your MDew Cake is gonna be the dessert! YUM! :) Thanks for helping me plan my menu!

You can substitute 7-Up, Orange, Cola or Dr Pepper for the Mountain Dew. All excellent.

Good morning - I made this cake yesterday, substituting root beer for the Mt. Dew at my husband's request. And it was just sensational! Making a frosting of whipped topping flavored with about a half can of root beer brings out the flavor and it's sooooooo good.

Just got my notification yesterday that I've been accepted at a cullinary arts school right close by that specializes in French Cuisine and Patisserie - starting in September, this "kid" is going back to school and more than excited to do so. Wish me luck!!:):D

Just got my notification yesterday that I've been accepted at a cullinary arts school right close by that specializes in French Cuisine and Patisserie - starting in September, this "kid" is going back to school and more than excited to do so. Wish me luck!!:):D

This is exciting, Katie- CONGRATS! Have a BLAST and make sure to share more of the experience w/ us! smiles- Kevin

This is exciting, Katie- CONGRATS! Have a BLAST and make sure to share more of the experience w/ us! smiles- Kevin

Thanks so much, Kevin. To say I'm absolutely over the moon about this is putting it mildly! And to think that I'll graduate about the same time my grandson does! And I'll send you a chocolate croissant - just as soon as I learn how to make croissant dough.....................

Wow, I love Mountain Dew soda and I can't believe that there is a recipe for a cake using this? Wow. I am curious how it taste. Is it good Mama Mangria? I am really curious...does it taste really like mountain dew, the soda? :D

Mama, I'm going to make that "soda pop" cake for sure. And, Katie, love your suggestion to add a bit of the pop to the icing. Excellent! I'm getting out of regular school, too. All I want to do is have a prosperous cake and catering business and after spending 35 years working on a Business Administration degree, I'm going to pastry school. Ours is just about 5 minutes up the highway from my home. Three nights a week for less than a year and I will have my Bachelor's in Culinary Arts. Seems to make more sense to me to study the things that can help my business prosper.

Best to all.

Back